RALEIGH, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest VP Marketing jobs around!
— EcommerceJobs.com (@EcommerceJobs) October 6, 2015
HARRY COMMENTS: We are working with Republic Wireless in their search for a VP of Acquisition based in Raleigh, North Carolina … home of the NC State Wolfpack and Carolina Hurricanes.
Raleigh frequently receives national recognition for its quality of life and business climate. In recent years, Raleigh’s national rankings have included:
- America’s Best Places to Live: #1 (Businessweek)
- Best Place for Business and Careers: #3 (Forbes)
- Best Cities in America for Health and Happiness: #3 (EcoSalon)
- Fastest Growing Cities for Technology Jobs: #1 (Dice)
- Best Cities for Raising a Family: #5 (Forbes)
- America’s Most Wired Cities: #1 (Forbes)
No doubt about it: Raleigh rules.
So here’s the 411 on today’s Ecommerce Job of the Day:
Recognized as the top pre-paid service provider by Consumer Reports and named ‘Disruptor of the Year’ by Entrepreneur Magazine, Republic Wireless is on a mission to create smartphone service as it should be.
Republic Wireless is spearheading a wireless freedom movement to return value and control of the smartphone experience to members by leveraging the power of both WiFi and cellular networks.
The firm’s Hybrid Calling uses WiFi in the home, office or anywhere else as the primary network for calls, texts and data. When outside of WiFi coverage, the smartphone works just like a typical smartphone on the cellular networks of national CDMA carriers. It’s an amazing service that CNET has called “a game changer”.
About the Role
Republic Wireless is seeking a VP of Acquisition to join its marketing team. This position is responsible for driving long-term, profitable sales growth across all online and brick & mortar sales channels.
This position is responsible for optimizing Republic’s online initiatives in terms of revenue, conversion rates, usability, and functionality while supporting an omni-channel sales orientation. The job will require establishing a comprehensive sales and marketing analytics strategy and managing a team to support both.
Candidates, please note: Because I do not have an exclusive on this search, I’m not at liberty to share here my usual boatload of proprietary intel about Republic Wireless … its industry … its products … its markets + strategies … the current team … the top FIVE problems that exist due to the position being open … the top FOUR 100-day key initiatives for the job … the SIX critical ecommerce skills you MUST have to win in the role … the top FOUR things all resumes must have to get the job … WHO the firm’s slamdunk customer is (plus HOW and WHY they buy) … HOW the firm is getting new customers now … ALL the moving parts of their current (really cool) acquisition game plan … and MORE.
But that doesn’t mean that I can’t. My call with this role’s hiring manager lasted 76 mins, and I’m happy to discuss everything I’ve heard, seen, and researched about those things with qualified candidates. You don’t want to apply without this intel, so let me hook you up.
Simply TEXT [your name + “Republic Wireless”] to me at (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply online below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you!
- Responsible for leading Republic Wireless’ ecommerce customer acquisition strategy.
- Manage the ecommerce P&L including detailed demand forecasting, ad spend budgeting, forecast to actuals reporting, and other ad hoc reporting needs.
- Oversee paid and organic strategy, implementation & execution of all online marketing campaigns, including Search, Affiliate Marketing, Video, Retargeting, and Display Networks to ensure every investment is delivering the maximum ROI.
- Define and grow key sales metrics and analysis capabilities to increase emphasis on data driven sales decisions.
- Champion development of ecommerce capabilities and marketing programs which will drive aggressive sales goals and optimization of site-wide Key Performance indicators.
- Lead business development activities to position Republic’s products in new channels.
- Support sales activities of indirect online and brick & mortar resellers, including performance management, compensation, and overall cost structures.
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated.
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase eCommerce sales and profitability.
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience in ecommerce, marketing, and sophisticated analytics.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. You can now TEXT Harry for more info at (404) 281-2025. Or to apply on your desktop, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.