WITCHITA, KANSAS – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
We are working with The Golf Warehouse (TGW.com) in their search for a world-class Online Marketing Analyst based in scenic Wichita, Kansas.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: “Golf.” Little word. BIG market. According to PGA statistics, there are 15,450 golf courses in America — nearly 5 courses for every city, county, parish, berg, hamlet, and organized borough on record. A quick Google search offers a glimpse of who’s teeing it up, and how much money (an average) they make. And even if these numbers are exactly right, you can rest assured that the golf market has long been a favorite of direct marketers due to its “rabidity.”
Golfers are passionate (to the point of insane) about golf and will often go to great lengths to take strokes off their game. It’s war out there on the golf course, whether the stakes involve money, the simple piece of mind that comes with knowing that you played your best, or bragging rights against a robot …
The Golf Warehouse: For the love of the game.
Founded during the internet boom of the late 1990’s, The Golf Warehouse (“TGW.com”) established itself as an early leader in online retail. The company has never been shy about innovating and has done a great job of keeping up with advances in club and ball technology – which required extensive renovation and redesign of many golf courses in the 1990s, which led to further advances in club and ball technology.
Funny how that works.
At one point in the 1990s, the National Golf Foundation initiated a campaign to build a course a day to keep up with the demand. Most of those courses are still in use today. All the while, TGW focused on one thing: Making golfers happy by helping them improve their game. According to industry statistics, the number of golfers per 18 hole course sits just below 1800. That’s a lot of rabid, affluent buyers. (The best kind there is.)
Your job will be to analyze and help TGW optimize its online marketing initiatives.
TGW seeks an innovative, academically rigorous Online Marketing Analyst to proactively identify improvements in its online customer experience. As a member of the marketing team, you will leverage TGW’s top-tier analytics tools to help the firm sell more stuff, to more people, more often, for more money — and at a lower cost. TGW is a leading merchant of sporting goods and golf equipment / accessories, and it will be up to YOU to influence and prioritize the firm’s multi-million-dollar spend.
It’s a great time to join TGW’s team.
In 2012, TGW was acquired by Northern Tool in a deal that combined the size and considerable strengths TGW, Northern Tool, and Sportsman’s Guide. In addition to golf, TGW is into baseball, softball and soccer — making this role ideal for any sports lover.
TGW’s marketing leverages all aspects of online marketing, including paid search, organic search, affiliate marketing, retargeting, CSE’s, and third-party markets. Additionally, TGW has made giant strides in the areas of social media marketing and mobile commerce.
Key responsibilities of this position include using analytics to identify actionable insights for site improvements; developing ad-hoc analyses to drive business decisions; and developing weekly dashboards to effectively communicate Ecommerce KPIs to key business stakeholders and the executive team.
Can you do that?
As usual, we have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. (My industry research for this assignment exceeded 50 pages.)
The right person for this position will have an entrepreneurial spirit and have a great agility with numbers. Moreover, we’re looking for someone who will be challenged by TGW’s efforts in the area of multichannel, multitouch customer acquisition. In the golf space, the customer acquisition landscape changes daily, and what worked yesterday (or even this morning!) might not work 10 minutes from now.
That’s why it’s essential that TGW’s new Online Marketing Analyst continuously evolve TGW’s analytics strategies. TGW’s culture is all about testing and learning and relentlessly improving in the process.
If you have the passion for online marketing, a love of sports, and the desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture, this is definitely the right position for you.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver insights and strategic recommendations through data analysis and reporting.
- Create and monitor numerous daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Deliver executive reports and dashboards, working closely with management to produce visually engaging presentations.
- Partner with business and product team stakeholders to understand and deliver on ever-changing analytical needs.
- Define and provide analysis for A/B and multivariate tests for both on and off-site marketing initiatives.
- Create process efficiencies through automation (report delivery, dashboard creation and data management).
- Maintain an established attribution funnel that assigns appropriate sales figures to multiple online and offline marketing channels to ensure each is awarded full/assist sales through a defined set of requirements.
- Maintain and improve website analytics tagging to ensure accuracy, assisting in code modifications including testing and deployments.
- Assist in identifying optimal promotional marketing of products based on seasonality, inventory, price point, margin, etc and reports results and trends to manager on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze data to identify online marketing opportunities and inefficiencies to achieve maximum return on advertising spend.
- Maintain a continual awareness of competitors, their products, direct and internet marketing strategies and business standards and develops related reports to distribute to manager.
- Keep supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Communicate plans and activities with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Perform related work as apparent or assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in statistical analysis or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in related field
- Experience with analytics packages like Google Analytics or SiteCatalyst a plus.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define promotions, collect data, establish fact and draw valid conclusions a must.
- Experience in database marketing analysis or direct response campaigns and statistical analysis and reporting a plus.
- Experience in online retail marketing or sales a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, attention to detail, work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to work accurately with data.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to work closely with others to coordinate projects involving multiple parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with a wide variety of customers.
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)