NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY SEO jobs around!
We are working with 1stDibs in their search for an SEO Digital Marketing Manager based in New York City. This is a terrifically cool SEO job.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace and the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, modern furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba Group, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned internet executives from companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com and Twitter.
Riddle me this:
Are you a detail-oriented, competitive, analytical thinker with experience in SEO? Do people think of yourself as a “self-starter” and a great communicator? The folks at 1stdibs sell the most beautiful things on earth — and your job will be to help customers find them through Google, Bing, and other search engines. The client seeks and A-player who’s motivated to get 1stdibs ranked at the top of the SERPs when users search for high volume and longtail topics related to our rare and interesting items — think “antique furniture”, “vintage Chanel evening dresses” or “Victorian engagement rings.”
In this role, you’ll have a huge impact on 1stdibs growth and overall success while staying at the forefront of an ever-changing industry. SEO is a priority for 1stdibs, which is ramping up its investment in and focus on the area in 2015. You will learn from (and gain exposure to) teams throughout the company and have accountability and ownership of the traffic gains you are able to produce. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with the firm’s highly-respected SEO consultant, AJ Kohn and manage an SEO Associate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing 1stdibs’ SEO strategy, working closely with Product, Engineering, Social, PR, and Editorial
- Putting together requirements for new page launches and on-site optimizations, as well as improving upon 1stdibs’ existing 1 million plus landing pages
- Reporting on and analyzing 1stdibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and back links to identify areas of opportunity and monitor performance
- Link-earning strategy and execution, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Closely monitoring industry news in order to provide the most up-to-date recommendations and track industry-wide changes
- Working with 1stdibs’ Taxonomy Manager to define a search-friendly category and classification structure
- A minimum of 4 years digital marketing experience, with 1-2 years focusing on SEO
- You know how to use Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, and other SEO monitoring platforms
- You are process-oriented, able to plan and execute projects cross-functionally
- You are a great oral and written communicator, who can clearly explain SEO concepts and write SEO copy in the form of title tags, headlines, etc.
- You have advanced Excel skills and are comfortable manipulating large volumes of data
- You are extremely thoughtful and detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task
- You set and exceed aggressive work goals wherever you go
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.