RANCHO CORDOVA, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce operations jobs around!
We are working with VSP Global in their search for a Senior Director, Ecommerce Operations based in Rancho Cordova, CA. This is a terrifically cool ecommerce job.
VSP Global is a group of progressive companies that offers innovative and personalized eye care, optical, and business solutions to help people see. VSP Global includes VSP Vision Care, Marchon Eyewear, Eyefinity, VSP Optics Group, VSP Retail, and a global charity platform, Eyes of Hope.
Here’s how these entities break down …
- VSP Vision Care is the largest vision benefits and services company in the world with 32,000 doctors and more than 75 million members worldwide.
- Marchon Eyewear is one of the world’s largest designer manufacturers and distributors of both sun and optical fashion. Marchon includes Altair Eyewear, another frame designer, as well as Eye Designs, a leader in the design of custom interiors and merchandising systems for the optical industry.
- Eyefinity is the premier practice management software and technology company in the United States, offering OfficeMate/ExamWRITER electronic health records and multilocation software.
- VSP Optics Group provides ophthalmic technology, lens products, and lab services that strengthen the patient experience and promote practice growth.
- VSP Retail exists to deliver a superior customer experience through a variety of retail channels that meet the diverse needs of our customers.
- Eyes of Hope is the firm’s global charity platform designed to provide access to eye care and eyewear. VSP supports local communities around the globe through programs that bring disaster relief, education, and eye care to where they’re needed most. To date, VSP has invested more than $165 million in free eye care and eyewear for more than 900,000 adults and children in need.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll lead the Ecommerce operations team in strategizing, defining and delivering comprehensive new systems and processes enabling the VSP Retail ecommerce business to become one of the top 3 online optical retailers in North America.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a strong background in ecommerce and implementing ecommerce platforms — plus you’ll need solid experience in building a business from the ground up, including managing a complex supply chain, operations, and customer care. VSP’s environment is fast-paced and agile, and you’ll be tasked with helping to define and implement the firm’s ecommerce systems and procedures while leading all aspects of operations management for its ecommerce business.
CANDIDATES: To fully understand what you will need to LAND this job and then CRUSH IT in the role once you do, Harry Joiner spent 157 minutes on the phone with this client over TWO info-packed sessions. Now at NEXTgig.com, you can access 2538 words of Harry’s personal notes from that call along with his supporting research from a range of pricey market research and competitive intelligence databases.
To request your log-in credentials to NEXTgig, please TEXT your name to Harry at (404) 281-2025. Here’s just a taste of what you’ll glean from that information …
- The basic premise behind VSP’s plan to rock eyewear retail — and why it make so much sense given their existing infrastructure and competitive position.
- Why now? — What’s motivating VSP to build out its ecommerce business now, and what its ecom business will likely look like by 2020. (Hint: These folks are loaded for bear!)
- Exactly why the underlying economics of VSP’s business are so favorable, and how that will translate into an extremely profitable ecommerce business.
- The first hire you should make as VSP’s Senior Director of Ecommerce Operations — and what that hire will mean to YOUR success in the role.
- The current online flow of a prescription eyeglass order — and why modeling a little known operation in Europe will help you reduce VSP’s order fill-times by at least 81% during your first six months on the job.
- Lead and manage the Ecommerce operations management including but not limited to the functional areas of Purchasing, Warehousing, Logistics, Lab Operations, Order Management, and Customer Care
- Define, implement, and ensure effective and efficient ecommerce systems, and procedures
- Ensure ecommerce business exceeds customer expectations (and competitive benchmarks) across all functional areas within operations
- Define the development and enhancements of enterprise OMS and ERP systems, fraud management solutions, benefits processing, payment processing, logistics and supplier integration
- Drive process innovation in all areas of ecommerce operations in order to exceed customer expectations while building efficiencies and scale across the business
- Establish clear, concise market differentiation from VSP competitors through operational innovations, and provides support and guidance to business constituents
- Oversee and determine demand forecasts and negotiate domestic and international supplier agreements to maximize VSP Retail revenue and profit
- Assist in the development of the department budget and monitor unit expenses to ensure unit costs are within established levels.
- Ensure effective communications are maintained within the unit and externally. Where appropriate, inform employees as to plans and progress. Conduct employee discussion sessions at regular intervals.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary increases.
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process for open positions within the unit ensuring that the most qualified candidates are selected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and / or MBA + related experience
- Fifteen plus years of experience in an ecommerce business
- Fifteen years of experience in Operations
- Ten years of experience managing teams
- Experience in inventory management, demand planning and supply chain management
- Experience defining and rolling out systems, processes and organization design
- Experience in both large and small organizations. Startup experience preferred (or a startup division within larger enterprise).
- Experience defining systems and operations both domestically and internationally preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.