BRANDON, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
One of the coolest web analytics jobs around!
We are working with Ashley Furniture HomeStores in their search for a Web Analytics Technical Lead based in Brandon, FL.
Ashley Furniture HomeStores makes beautiful home furnishings affordable. Period. In less than 10 years, AFH has become the No. 1 selling furniture brand in the world and the No. 1 retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States. The firm’s stores are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan, and AFH is expanding domestically and abroad everyday.
Several factors that have contributed to AFH’s success.
First, through vertical integration Ashley Furniture is able to deliver quality and value everyday. The Ashley Furniture team includes a full time design group dedicated to creating furniture styles that will complement any decorating style. Then, Ashley Furniture production teams carefully build each piece, ensuring quality construction and workmanship. Next, the furniture is carefully shipped to each Ashley Furniture HomeStore location using the company’s own transportation fleet.
Because the Ashley Team controls all processes from design to delivery, AFH is able to reduce its costs and pass these savings on to its customers as Exclusive Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pricing.
Second, Ashley Furniture stores are locally owned and operated. Because the firm’s store owners and their team members live and work in the same areas in which their stores are located, store managements have better insight into the needs and preferences of AFH’s local customers. Additionally, many of AFH’s stores actively participate in charitable events that promote the continued growth, development and enrichment of their communities.
The Web Analytics Technical Lead is responsible for tagging and conducting web analytics on all eCommerce initiatives to share insights on how to optimize Ashley’s marketing programs to drive sales, enhance the customer experience and deliver continued growth.
The Web Analytics Technical Lead is accountable for ensuring relevant traffic and key performance data is captured that will provide actionable insights to support performance improvement in customer acquisition, conversion, sales and retention.
Overall, the Web Analytics Technical Lead contributes to the Ashley high performance culture by modeling our core values and contributing content that keeps the Ashley brand as the #1 home furnishings market leader in style, selection, quality and value.
Primary Job Functions
- Assists the Web Analytics Manager in scoping and documenting analytics implementation requirements, success events and key performance indicators. Collaborates with stakeholders on analytical plan adoption.
- Ensures Omniture Site Catalyst and Google Analytics are tagged and implemented for launch and for various campaigns. Collaborates with IT to ensure code is executed based on mutually agreed upon benchmarks and KPIs. Works with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of web site tagging programs are set up, on brand, employ best practices, have KPIs to benchmark performance and have the reporting capabilities needed to track performance.
- Supports web analytics platform operational administration upon implementation. Ensures relevant traffic and KPI-related data is captured to provide actionable insights. Troubleshoots web analytics systems when needed to ensure continued data collection and reporting accuracy.
- Implements code when required and supports IT implementation on more sophisticated tracking.
- Audits the website continually to ensure Omniture and Google Analytics are properly tagged and integrated.
- Collects, analyzes and reports marketing and website data (such as traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior and product selection, etc.), and conducts ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Provides analytics and insights to help drive decision making. Uses quantitative and qualitative methodologies to draw insights and support the continuous improvement of the online support channels.
- Supports the development of training, best practices and methodologies for web data analysis and to further eCommerce project goals.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in web analytics and other web-based strategies. Keeps the team up-to-date with changes, trends and insights related to eCommerce analytics.
- Demonstrates the company’s core and growth values in performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
Learns the furniture retail industry as a whole to establish a strong understanding of Ashley’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated. Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, information technology or related degree.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three to five years hands-on experience performing and managing ecommerce analytics and associated tools, preferably with a top 100 multichannel retailer.
- Experience working with an enterprise web analytics platform, such as Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, IBM/Coremetrics or Webtrends; Omniture preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Omniture Certified Professional preferred.
- Strong knowledge of business and web analytics and measures.
- Familiarity with modern web-based technologies, web architecture and user experience strategies.
- Advanced level skills in Adobe/Omniture (EVAR and SPROP)
- Advanced level skills in web data analysis, including using quantitative and qualitative analysis for interpretation
- Advanced level skills in Excel, including VLOOKUP, PIVOT and MACRO.
- Strong skills in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Project, or Access
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely and concisely.
- Strong organizational, detail, and project management skills, with the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines.
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)