BRANDON, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
We are working with Ashley Furniture HomeStores in their search for a Web Analytics Manager based in Brandon, FL.
Ashley Furniture HomeStores makes beautiful home furnishings affordable. Period. In less than 10 years, AFH has become the No. 1 selling furniture brand in the world and the No. 1 retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States. The firm’s stores are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan, and AFH is expanding domestically and abroad everyday.
Several factors that have contributed to AFH’s success.
First, through vertical integration Ashley Furniture is able to deliver quality and value everyday. The Ashley Furniture team includes a full time design group dedicated to creating furniture styles that will complement any decorating style. Then, Ashley Furniture production teams carefully build each piece, ensuring quality construction and workmanship. Next, the furniture is carefully shipped to each Ashley Furniture HomeStore location using the company’s own transportation fleet.
Because the Ashley Team controls all processes from design to delivery, AFH is able to reduce its costs and pass these savings on to its customers as Exclusive Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pricing.
Second, Ashley Furniture stores are locally owned and operated. Because the firm’s store owners and their team members live and work in the same areas in which their stores are located, store managements have better insight into the needs and preferences of AFH’s local customers. Additionally, many of AFH’s stores actively participate in charitable events that promote the continued growth, development and enrichment of their communities.
The Web Analytics Manager is responsible for managing all analytics and insights related to the ecommerce channels. The incumbent provides leadership to the Web Analytics team and oversees day-to-day analysis of all web-related initiatives to make recommendations on how to optimize Ashley’s online marketing initiatives to drive sales, enhance the customer experience and deliver continued growth. The Web Analytics Manager also serves on the Ecommerce Development Team creating and implementing the eCommerce and Omni Channel platforms.
The Web Analytics Manager is accountable for ensuring relevant traffic and key performance data is captured that will provide actionable insights to support performance improvement in customer acquisition, conversion, sales and retention. He/she is also accountable for assisting the management team in attaining key business metrics not only related to ecommerce, but to overall productivity, quality, operating expense, attendance, retention, competitive advantage and customer delight.
Overall, the Web Analytics Manager contributes to the Ashley high performance culture by modeling the firm’s core values and contributing content that keeps the Ashley brand as the #1 home furnishings market leader in style, selection, quality and value.
Primary Job Functions
- Leads the scoping and documenting of business analytics implementation requirements, success events and key performance indicators. Collaborates with stakeholders on analytical plan adoption.
- Identifies implements and manages analytical tools necessary to support ecommerce channels, including any outside vendors-provided tools. Ensures Omniture Site Catalyst and Google Analytics are tagged and implemented for launch. Works with IT to ensure code is executed based on mutually agreed upon benchmarks and KPIs.
- Provides web analytics platform operational administration upon implementation. Ensures relevant traffic and KPI-related data is captured to provide actionable insights. Troubleshoots web analytics systems when needed to ensure continued data collection and reporting accuracy.
- Implements code when required and manages IT implementation on more sophisticated tracking.
- Prepares scheduled weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for paid search, direct load, email campaigns, banner advertising and promotion driven campaigns.
- Collects, analyzes and reports marketing and website data (such as traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior and product selection, etc.) to support stakeholders across the organization, and conducts ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Analyzes and communicates the effectiveness of new initiatives, site changes, customer segmentation and profiling, customer adoption campaigns and multivariate testing. Draws insights and makes business and site performance improvement recommendations based upon the data sources.
- Leads collaborative efforts with cross-functional partners to develop training, establish best practices and refine methodologies for web data analysis and to further all ecommerce project goals.
- Coaches the Web Analytics Team to high performance and maintains high retention by creating an engaging, positive working environment, rewarding good performers and promoting deserving employees to positions of greater responsibility.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in web analytics and other web-based strategies. Keeps the team up-to-date with changes, trends and insights related to eCommerce analytics.
- Demonstrates the company’s core and growth values in performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
- Learns the furniture retail industry as a whole to establish a strong understanding of Ashley’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, information technology or related degree; MBA or Master’s preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Five to seven years hands-on experience performing and managing ecommerce analytics and associated tools, preferably with a top 100 multichannel retailer.
- Experience working with an enterprise web analytics platform, such as Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, IBM/Coremetrics or Webtrends; Omniture preferred. Experience leading business intelligence platforms preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop success factors for continued growth.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Omniture Certified Professional or Certified Data Analyst preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial and operational processes and measures.
- Strong knowledge of business and web analytics and measures.
- Familiarity with modern web-based technologies, web architecture and user experience strategies.
- Advanced level skills in Excel, including VLOOKUP, PIVOT and MACRO.
- Advanced level skills, with demonstrated proficiency, in managing site analysis, insights and best practices, from concept to optimization.
- Strong skills in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Project, Access and Visio.
- Strong problem solving skills using quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely and concisely.
- Strong organizational, detail, and project management skills, with the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines.
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)