LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
Here’s one of the coolest UX jobs in LA: We are working with Transamerica in their search for a UX Designer based in sunny Los Angeles. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
Do you love delighting consumers? Do you swoon when you encounter a ‘wow’ experience online? Like you, Transamerica believes in the value of user-centered design and considers it an essential part of its continued success. Come join the User Experience group that is Transamerica’s center of excellence for research, online strategy, user experience design, and usability testing.
You’ll have an opportunity to make Transamerica the leader in Financial Services by designing world-class user experiences that clearly differentiate the firm from its competition. Transamerica offers a chance to work on a brand everyone is familiar with, and now it’s time everyone knows about the outstanding online customer experience you’ll have a hand in creating across devices and platforms.
This role is joined at the hip with Transamerica’s Director of Enterprise UX and serves as the primary visionary responsible for the information architecture and interaction design of Transamerica’s visitors and associate-facing digital platforms.
The UX Designer is responsible for participating in research, analyzing requirements, and working with stakeholders to design highly-innovative concepts and experiences communicated in the form of wireframes and clickable prototypes that can be tested with end users and presented internally. This role requires a confident and creative individual with a versatile set of hands-on skills able to collaborate with best-in-class SEO, SEM, social media, content strategists, visual designers, and technologists on a cooperative, agency-like team.
Here’s your chance to combine your passion for UX design with Transamerica’s and pursue a career with people who value and prioritize great UX across devices and platforms.
- Stay immersed in the Transamerica’s user of today while maintaining a vision of the Transamerica user of tomorrow, and how the digital platform will evolve to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and business analysts in analyzing requirements and assessing scope to ensure that the vision can be developed to meet Transamerica’s business needs.
- Extend concepts through rapid creation of wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes that can be iteratively tested with users and presented to Transamerica’s business leads.
- Partner with Technology to evolve concepts and designs into functioning proofs of concept that can be further validated and tested prior to full scale development.
- Participate in usability testing to evolve concepts and designs to meet accessibility and usability industry standards.
- 3 years designing Web-based transactional products (i.e., ecommerce, banking, etc.) and large-scale consumer websites
- At least 1 years of mobile related design experience
- Demonstrated ability developing and executing creative ideas through the creation of wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Must be self-motivated, user experience oriented and a strong team player
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to define ideas down to a specification level
- Excellent relationship management skills, especially interpersonal, verbal, and written communications.
- Knowledge of the financial industry a plus
- Experience working with the Agile methodology, Axure or Balsamiq a plus
- Must have an online portfolio or samples of recent web and mobile related work (i.e., mockups, prototypes, specifications, guidelines)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)