LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
This is one of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around: We are working with Pacific Sunwear in their search for a Digital Marketing Manager based in Los Angeles.
PacSun is dedicated to embracing the amazing diversity and unique sense of adventure that California offers at every turn. For over 30 years, PacSun has called California its home, with its offices located in the sun-drenched heart of Orange County. With more than 600 stores and an Ecommerce business primed for growth, PacSun is seeking top-tier, high energy individuals to join an industry-leading team and become a part of the Golden State of Mind.
As the Digital Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the development and management of the company’s digital marketing strategy. This means you’ll supervise all digital marketing team members and lead all activities with digital marketing, included but not limited to SEO/SEM, affiliate, display, marketplaces, social advertising and email marketing. You can expect to collaborate extensively with all members of the Ecommerce Team and Cross Functional partners (Brand Marketing, Buying, Planning, Legal and IT).
Your primary focus will be to drive customer acquisition and retention, build revenue profitably across online and in-store channels, manage a strict budget and continually improve ROAS. Naturally, you must have deep experience with omnichannel marketing to drive traffic to both online and brick and mortar stores with a strong focus on mobile and local.
We’re looking for someone who’s financially savvy and skilled in reporting on all KPIs, marketing performance, user behavior, shopping flows, channels, and marketing tests and can deduce insights to provide a better understanding PacSun’s customers in an effort to improve traffic, conversion and financial results. You must be a hands-on, analytical, and highly collaborative leader capable of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategy across all digital media channels from concept to launch
- Lead and manage all aspect of digital marketing including SEO/SEM, Affiliate, Display Re-Targeting and Acquisition, Marketplaces including Amazon and other future channels, Shopping Comparison Engines, Social Advertising and Email Marketing.
- Manage digital marketing team; set and maintain clear specific, measurable, actionable, reasonable and time related goals for functional group and individual team members.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to optimize digital marketing effectiveness and support cross channel sales, including Merchandising/Buying, Planning, Brand Marketing, Creative, and other functions.
- Develop new digital marketing programs to better acquire and retain customers.
- Develop digital marketing roadmap including optimization of existing channels and development of new and ensure that plans are executed in conjunction with associated tactics
- Build and maintain digital marketing budget aligned with overall business objectives and reports on actual, budgeted and forecasted projections in both spend, demand and return on ad spend on regular weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provide analytics on effectiveness of all digital marketing channels including but not limited to qualitative and quantitative channel performance holistically and down to the campaign/publisher level, channel impacts to acquisition costs and customer lifetime value and associated benchmarks to measure competitive advantages.
- Lead implementation and maintenance of new analytic systems in collaboration with cross functional partners including sophisticated attribution modeling in order to gain better insights into effectiveness of digital marketing.
- Lead effort for landing page optimization and other forms of a/b and multivariate tests associated with digital marketing focused on improving click through and conversion rates.
- Evaluate all associated digital marketing partners, vendors and publishers for effectiveness and contribution to business and digital marketing efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing and/or Business
- 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing and marketing analytics
- 5+ years within a retail environment; Apparel and Omni channel experience a plus
- Extensive experience in digital marketing tools including Email Service Providers, Search Engine Marketing Platforms such as Kenshoo and Marin, Web Analytics such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics; Experience with Attribution Modeling Tools such as Convertro, Clearsailing a Plus.
- AdWords Certified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships, and influence change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Extraordinary collaboration skills; experience managing digital marketing in a highly-matrixed, multi-channel retailer a strong plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Self-starter and able to solve medium to complex problems
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.