QUINCY, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with J. Jill in their search for a Sr Manager, Ecommerce Marketing based in Quincy, MA. J.Jill is a unique women’s specialty clothing retailer. With a passionately devoted customer base, a talented and dedicated in-house design team continually creating new collections, and a rapidly expanding multichannel business, it’s an exciting place to be.
What began in 1959 as one store in the Berkshires is now a national retailer of apparel, accessories and footwear. J.Jill uncomplicates a woman’s life by giving her a stylish, easy, ready-for-anything wardrobe that lets her dress confidently and focus on enjoying her life. J. Jill offers friendly, guiding service wherever she shops: its stores, its website or its catalogs.
Located minutes from Boston in Quincy, Massachusetts, J. Jill has over 225 stores and a state-of-the-art contact and distribution center in Tilton, New Hampshire. This is one of the coolest email marketing jobs around …
This position’s primary role is to manage and lead the strategic direction of the J Jill email marketing program and customer contact strategy inclusive of guiding internal partners on industry best practices. This role is responsible for overseeing the day to day production responsibilities of email deployment, customer segmentation, testing, versioning as well as the response analysis in a multi channel and incremental view. This position will need to work collaboratively with several other areas within the Company to successfully lead and develop a more productive and customer relevant email campaign program.
50% of time will be on collaborating with internal partners inclusive of Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Brand Marketing, E-commerce and Creative along with taking the lead on email strategy and testing.
25% of time will be on managing and guiding two direct reports (Email Campaign Analyst and Associate Email Campaign Analyst) on day to day execution and analysis.
25% of time will be on managing the outside Email Services Provider with the intent of fully taking advantage of the available tools for automating targeted trigger campaigns and versioning based on customer behavior.
- Manage strategic partnership with Email Services Provider.
- Drive the development of an optimal segmented customer approach to the J Jill email campaign contact strategy.
- Drive the email campaign program towards a more targeted personalized approach with more automation of behavioral triggered campaigns and improved productivity.
- Develop cross functional relationship and collaborate on email campaign strategy with Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Planning and Creative teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong aptitude with MS Office tools, especially advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required
- Email Marketing experience is required
- Basic understanding of email best practices for design, subject lines, calls to action and copy required
- General working knowledge of HTML code is a plus
- Experience with Direct Marketing financials and profit and loss calculations a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of execution of statistically valid test and control measurement is a plus
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and analytical best practices a plus
Education and Experience:
- Managerial and supervisory experience required (this position will have 2 direct reports)
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business discipline required, MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of Email Marketing role for a business to consumer company experience required
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and A/B testing methodologies
- Familiarity with profit and loss analysis a plus
- Reporting and analysis experience in a multi-channel environment (retail, catalog, and web) environment a plus
- Experience working with and/or managing an email marketing agency required
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)