QUINCY, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
We are working with J. Jill in their search for a Sr Manager, Ecommerce Marketing based in Quincy, MA. J.Jill is a unique women’s specialty clothing retailer. With a passionately devoted customer base, a talented and dedicated in-house design team continually creating new collections, and a rapidly expanding multichannel business, it’s an exciting place to be. Truly, this is one of the coolest ecommerce marketing jobs around.
What began in 1959 as one store in the Berkshires is now a national retailer of apparel, accessories and footwear. J.Jill uncomplicates a woman’s life by giving her a stylish, easy, ready-for-anything wardrobe that lets her dress confidently and focus on enjoying her life. J. Jill offers friendly, guiding service wherever she shops: its stores, its website or its catalogs.
Located minutes from Boston in Quincy, Massachusetts, J. Jill has over 225 stores and a state-of-the-art contact and distribution center in Tilton, New Hampshire.
- Develop and execute customer acquisition, retention and engagement campaigns with the objective of increasing website traffic, consumer database and driving sales
- Focus on improving on-site metrics including conversion rate, abandonment rate, and AOV
- Work closely with internal experts and third party vendors to identify and troubleshoot problems, and identify and execute against enhancement opportunities
- Aid in the planning process by developing models to forecast traffic, conversion, demand, etc
- Understand interaction of marketing channels, especially affiliate programs and display adverting, and develop a plan for how to maximize transactional volume while minimizing cannibalization
- Oversee and manage SEO/SEM programs to deliver efficient site traffic
- Identify new technology partners
- Work with creative and production departments in development of creative and copy
- Ensure that the appropriate processes are in place for effective web content management, including interactions with merchandizing
- Enhance online user experience and testing
- Create a road map for creative, targeting, vendor, placement and landing page tests and work with cross-functional teams to execute on the vision
- Lead usability testing
- Monitor competitive environment
- Enhance and manage cross-selling experience
- Own website content management process: manage production staff that coordinates upload of images and copy seen at J.Jill.com through user interface
- Manage web analytics program (Omniture), analyzing data and making recommendations where appropriate
- Identify new sources of customer acquisition through partnerships or across holidays and other gifting occasions
- Develop strategic, performance-based media plans to best target the intended audience
- Spearhead strategic post-campaign analysis and provide recommendations for marketing team and senior management
- Continually research and seek out more effective processes to improve overall marketing programs and be able to effectively drive new initiatives successfully and efficiently through to conclusion
- Bring insights and understanding in how to maneuver the social media landscape
- Oversee team of direct reports
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of the online marketing and merchandising environment
- Experience with usability and website functionality
- Experience with web analytics programs
- Proven leadership in a cross-functional setting fostering new marketing ideas, cultivating concepts and creating actionable next steps for implementation
- Management experience leading small teams against online performance-based media objectives and executing marketing campaigns that are part of multi-pronged marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations
- Knowledge of key performance metrics, current knowledge of behavioral and demographic targeting research and ROI-driven optimization techniques
- Team-orientation with excellent analytical capabilities and written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the retail field required, women’s apparel experience a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MBA preferred with 10+ years of ecommerce marketing for an internet or multi-channel retailer with a mix of strategic thinking, disciplined creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (through us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.