RESTON, VA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Video Blocks in their search for a Paid Search Marketing Manager based Reston, VA. Video Blocks is a profitable, venture backed technology company, recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as being the fourth fastest growing media company in the United States.
One of the coolest PPC Marketing Manager Jobs on the Market
Video Blocks offers a subscription-based service that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects, special effects, after effects templates and more. It serves more than 100,000 customers, ranging from professional production studios to colleges and churches, from NBC to video editing enthusiasts.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: As usual, I have an armload of inside information on this client, but I’m limited in what I can share in this post. What I can tell you is that when I understood what the company does, I thought “Holy cow, these guys are going to make a mint. I wonder if I can convert my portion of the search fee to equity?” In the hundreds of kickoff calls I have done with IR-1000 firms, my spider senses have tingled like that maybe a dozen times.
Check out this TechCrunch article for a nice overview of Video Blocks’ value proposition. If you read Mary Meeker’s 2012 Internet Trends slide deck, then you know that the demand for Video Blocks’ type of service will skyrocket as more websites employ video on their web and mobile sites.
You online retailers may want to check it out …
To support its rapid growth, the client seeks a Google expert who knows how to dig into a campaign and continue to make adjustments that lead to growth and optimization. You’ll know where and how to analyze performance that will lead to new recommendations and ideas for growth, and you will immerse yourself into Video Blocks’ business to discover new campaign and test opportunities. Moreover, you’ll be called on to design, track and implement your recommendations with speed and organization that leads to increased program success.
Video Blocks’ Paid Search Manager will take responsibility for developing, executing and optimizing the PPC campaigns already in place and build and manage a test plan to identify opportunities to take its current program to the next level. Video Blocks sees relevance for its service in numerous markets, including TV Program Production; Music Production; Movie Theaters; Internet Publishing; Graphic Design Services; Film / Video production; Game Software Development, Advertising Agencies, and more.
Regarding culture: The team at Video Blocks is passionate and driven. Although everyone on the team is a world-class A-player, no one on the team is an aggressive, Type-A, self-promoter. Everyone on the team supports, respects, and helps one another. The team shares credit and celebrates the successes of the entire team. It’s not a shark tank, and chemistry matters a lot. The firm’s organization is very flat — and there are no offices. The atmosphere is that of a “hangout for super talented people.” If that type of thing appeals to you, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Hands-on management of the company’s SEM initiatives: Sponsored Search, Display, Remarketing, Video and Content
- Analysis & Reporting of all SEM efforts on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and utilizing your deep knowledge of the SEM sphere to further build and optimize the program
- Refine & build new strategies that aligns with the companies goals of acquiring new customer flow
- Implement best practices across campaigns and testing initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Launch new international campaigns
- 3+ years of paid search marketing managing an in-house program
- Must be Google Adwords certified
- Some international PPC experience preferred
- Proven grasp of all Paid Search mediums including remarketing, display & content, mobile, video
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- A broad knowledge of ecommerce business models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sharp mind with an ability to understand & develop concepts
- Positive attitude, strong work ethics, and ability to multi task
- Tenacious, hard-driving self-starter who is willing to get into the trenches and do what it takes to hit goals.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)