PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for an Ecommerce Operations Director based in Portland, OR.
This position will develop and oversee the implementation of strategies to drive the eCommerce business on all Columbia websites. The role spans all aspects of the website operations including responsibility for relationships with Columbia ecommerce solution providers, execution of integrated marketing site strategies to drive online sales, ongoing evaluation of site content and product assortments, and leadership and development of the eCommerce project management and web analytics teams.
- Lead the creation and execution of consumer sales programs and strategies to generate online sell-through of products.
- Provide leadership in the identification of specific and appropriate opportunities to grow the eCommerce business through the targeted use of web analytics.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and execute a comprehensive web strategy; define the scope, business requirements, budget, benefit analysis and cost justification for strategic projects to support business needs.
- Collaborate with Online Marketing to implement objectives to drive customer acquisition, ecommerce, sales, and retention as well as market awareness on websites.
- Work with Interactive Creative Director to create and develop content and web tools that will inspire web visitors, driving an increasing rate of return visitors, inquiries, qualified leads and conversion.
- Evaluate website performance, assess results, and make continuous improvements by examining data and making recommendations to internal clients to evolve site content and web tools to maximize effectiveness.
- Identify needs for new technologies and work with Director of Web Technology to develop requirements through implementation.
- Oversee the eCommerce production team to ensure profitable operation of all Columbia Sportswear Company websites.
- Direct and hold a team of project managers accountable for on-time, on-budget deliverables that meet quality standards and business strategies.
- Determine key performance indicators, track and analyse performance and distribute appropriate reporting weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Review available web analytic metrics to ensure site content, user experience and product performance are optimized to drive sales and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
- Collaborate with Divisional Merchandise Director to ensure all products are merchandised effectively for maximum sale potential though web analytic analysis.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure optimal digital placement of products across all marketing channels.
Job Scope: Manages multiple teams of a division. Ensures that goals and objectives are met on time and within budget. Assists in the development and achievement of functional objectives. Develops solutions and execution strategies where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of business objectives. Decisions have function-wide impact. Makes decisions impacting the tactical and strategic area of responsibility. Sets goals and objectives for department or sub-function and influences functional strategy.
Interpersonal Contacts: Contacts are normally made with many others inside and outside the Company. Internal contacts may require interaction with senior management and several different departments. The position requires a wide range of working relationships with internal personnel and Columbia business partners.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will be responsible to build and manage a team of exempt employees as well as assigned vendor resources.
Specific Job Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience of leading a large team of people and operating a successful eCommerce site (apparel and footwear industry is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and drive company initiatives at senior management levels. This includes the distribution of reports on site performance, program and project management, and strategy summaries.
- Excellent understanding of web trends and technologies and SEO practices and strategies
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic vision and creativity in web management in support of business objectives
- Proven ability to drive and communicate strategy and tactical details
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities concurrently
- Strong acumen in understanding all issues of a business: sales, marketing, operations, product development
- Ability to build strong business relationships and work cross-functionally
- Comfortable in executive level presentations and business discussions
- Entrepreneurial outlook
- Self-starter and team player, with great social and interpersonal skills
- Strong web foundation including understanding of possibilities, UI and web content best practices
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Project Management certifications a strong plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technology related discipline required, MBA/Master’s degree a plus
Experience: 8+ years of web experience managing global (multiple language) external and internal sites. This includes experience in CMS, ecommerce, web analytics, and CRM. Experience in leading and mentoring teams is required
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.