LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for an SEO Manager based in Los Angeles, CA.
Transamerica’s Employer Solution & Pension (ES&P) Division is a member of the Aegon Group, a multinational insurance organization headquartered in the Netherlands. Aegon employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Aegon’s businesses serve millions of customers in over twenty markets throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia with major operations in the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Aegon takes pride in balancing a local approach with the power of an expanding global operation.
The ES&P Division provides comprehensive benefit solutions to businesses across the United States. Its expertise and acclaimed, dedicated service across a variety of benefits help manage businesses more effectively, allowing companies to improve employee retention, compete for new talent, and enjoy the efficiency of working with a dedicated and dependable provider.
Transamerica is seeking a world-class SEO top gun for its newly formed enterprise online marketing group. This key hire will work closely with Transamerica’s enterprise content manager, department lead as well as divisional marketing teams to develop SEO appropriate content, build, expand and maintain keyword lists for the Transamerica brand as well as each of its core business lines.
The SEO Manager must have deep expertise in SEO utilizing 3rd party tools like Bruce Clay and SEO Toolset across a broad spectrum of digital experiences. The candidate will have a proven proven track record of increasing SEO rankings on key terms, finding new keywords using tools like Wordtracker, Google’s keyword tool, and Keyword Discovery while enhancing customer experiences to both B2C and B2B audiences.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw on past experiences in matrixed organizations to be highly effective in intra-departmental situations as well as in working with Transamerica’s internal clients on both technical and marketing initiatives using different platforms, systems and CMS platforms.
You must be viewed as the subject matter expert in regards to SEO – ideally being certified from an independent SEO company. This opportunity is ideal for the candidate who is …
- Ready to step into a larger role at a bigger company with plenty of upside
- Looking to move from the crazy agency world to the happy client side
- Desires the freedom and entrepreneurship of a startup with the resources, budget and stability of a big company
- Data driven and relies on data and past experience to drive sound decisions
- Hungry to make a difference, be heard and have their work be recognized
Position Related Qualifications:
- Proven SEO specialist, demonstrating ability to manage large keyword lists while increasing SEO ranking on key terms via an outstanding B2C and B2B experience.
- Experience in creating and defining key word lists at the enterprise as well as divisional level and helping key constitutes prioritize their business needs.
- Data driven marketer that understands core KPIs in regards to SEO.
- Ability to manage vendors, manage multiple projects and ongoing system delivery.
- Excellent communicator that is able to distill technical and marketing lingo into understandable, actionable takeaways for management
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including operations, technology, marketing, sales and senior management.
- Aware of the tremendous opportunity in the financial services space to own SEO and of the cutting edge solutions available that will lead to competitive advantage in the SEO space.
- Technically savvy in the SEO space – must understand fundamentals of link building and how it has changed in a post-penguin world.
- Ability to identify and propose new enterprise SEO solutions to improve customer experience, drive in new clients on both the B2C and B2B side, improve overall customer and partner satisfaction and ultimately increase sales and revenue.
- Ability to translate implicit and explicit customer/partner preferences/behavior/intent and needs into real-world SEO solutions.
- Evidence of gathering data, summarization and creating actionable plans.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Financial Services experience and/or working in a complex retail/eCommerce environment with third-party distribution is a plus.
- Conduct SEO gap at the enterprise and divisional level and provide benchmarks.
- Establish relationship with each of the divisional leads and understand their business objectives, priorities and imperatives.
- Develop, maintain and optimize enterprise and divisional keyword lists.
- Work with team to ensure SEO-site friendly architecture and own on-page SEO optimization (title tag, description, H1, H2, keyword density, internal links, page size, XHTML compliance, W3C compliance, etc.)
- Researches and tracks competitive intelligence on SEO, familiarity with Penguin and Panda and recommends, implements and executes to business needs.
- Partners with Content lead on developing, maintaining and optimizing site content to ensure high keyword density, high SEO rank and outstanding customer/partner online experiences.
- Manages company’s overall SEO initiatives and owns SEO metrics and optimization to improve metrics and rankings.
- Implements link building working with Transamerica’s social teams, PR teams, directory submission, content team using automated tools and manual processes.
- Work closely with SEO reporting analyst to understand what is happening and why and developing ongoing plans to improve performance.
- Assists with development of overall ecommerce strategy to meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
- BA preferred or relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ethical white-hat SEO preferably on the client side but agency side managing client SEO is acceptable
THIS SEARCH IS NOW CLOSED.