LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a Social Optimization Analyst based in Los Angeles, CA.
Transamerica companies “Transform Tomorrow” by offering insurance policies, annuities and retirement plans — which translate into the college degrees, second careers and successful retirements of its 14 million individual, family and business customers. Transamerica is part of the AEGON family of companies; an international life insurance, pension and asset management firm based in The Hague. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. AEGON companies employ approximately 26,000 people and have some 40 million customers across the globe.
Working in Anthony Ginn’s hot new digital department, this role provides enterprise-level analysis and optimization of online performance. That means analyzing and recommending strategies to improve sales and revenue. It’s all about tracking the behavior of visitors to each of Transamerica’s digital platforms, and analyzing and reporting on these issues in real-time so that the team can enhance Transamerica’s digital experience for its customers.
- Utilize data to provide actionable insight into what’s happening online and recommending courses of action to improve metrics.
- Conduct deep site analytics valuation analysis at the enterprise and divisional level, providing benchmarks and establishing KPIs and ROIs.
- Providing ongoing optimization, revenue opportunities, lost-opportunity analysis so that the digital team can improve these metrics and increase sales/revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Identify traffic and conversion trends by channel/business; line/product solution; abandonment issues; and opportunities for improving site conversion.
- Create and package management reports; analyzing and interpreting data and historical trends, and reporting on and delving into findings as needed.
- Provide statistics and recommendations on traffic, sales, conversion, sources of traffic, among others in an effort to improve overall customer experience and maximize sales/revenue.
- Act as the web analytics expert and advocate in the organization at the enterprise level.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships and validate the quality of data that is captured within web analytics tools.
- Establish relationships with each of the divisional leads and understands their business objectives, priorities and imperatives.
- Provide insight into online tests and “optimization fast fails” to enable organization to fail forward.
- Research and track competitors’ sites and social experiences and analytics intelligence including bids and placements. Research outside industry best practices and best of breed online customer experiences.
- Assist with development of overall ecommerce strategy to meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent education/work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in web, mobile, online, and social analytics optimization and/or managing products such as Webtrends, Omniture, Google Analytics, Doubleclick, and Kenshoo.
- Experience with managing optimization and reporting dashboards across multiple sites and business lines.
- Prior industry experience with companies known for being cutting-edge in digital commerce and/or financial services.
- Ability to manage vendors, manage multiple projects and ongoing system delivery.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill technical and marketing lingo into understandable, actionable takeaways for management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including operations, technology, marketing, sales and senior management.
- Passion for creating world-class online customer experiences
- Ability to identify and propose new enterprise site solutions to improve customer experience, drive in new clients on both the B2C and B2B side, improve overall customer and partner satisfaction and ultimately increase sales and revenue.
- Ability to translate implicit and explicit customer/partner preferences/behavior/intent and needs into real-world site solutions.
- Evidence of gathering data, summarization and creating actionable plans.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Financial Services experience and/or working in a complex retail/eCommerce environment with third-party distribution is a plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.