LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a Social Media Manager based in Los Angeles, CA.
Transamerica’s Employer Solution & Pension (ES&P) Division is a member of the Aegon Group, a multinational insurance organization headquartered in the Netherlands. Aegon employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Aegon’s businesses serve millions of customers in over twenty markets throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia with major operations in the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Aegon takes pride in balancing a local approach with the power of an expanding global operation.
The ES&P Division provides comprehensive benefit solutions to businesses across the United States. Our expertise and acclaimed, dedicated service across a variety of benefits help manage businesses more effectively, allowing companies to improve employee retention, compete for new talent, and enjoy the efficiency of working with a dedicated and dependable provider.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Led by Anthony Ginn of SteelHouse fame, Transamerica seeks a visionary social media manager for its newly formed enterprise online strategy group. In this role, you will work closely with the firm’s social strategist on bringing to life your social media ideas, and you will work closely with Transamerica’s other divisions in identifying and addressing their social marketing needs. Basically, you will be the company’s day-to-day social manager, which is a pretty big deal.
If you are looking to leverage social media to make a real difference to your company, this is the place.
According to Anthony, “This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to roll up their sleeves, enjoys working with others, and runs on experimenting with new social initiatives and measuring results. We want this person to get us going by maximizing the value of all the major social media channels while getting us into the social outlets where we’re not yet represented — like Pinterest, Instragram, and Tumblr. While we like ‘likes’ — we love earned media more.”
The new Social Media Manager will have successfully executed brand campaigns that not only created awareness, but also increased the customer’s emotional connection across B2C and B2B. The name of the game is brand engagement.
- Act as Transamerica’s day to day social manager. This means organizing, prioritizing, and managing all of Transamerica’s social communications through the right channel, with the right audience, in a way that drives earned media.
- Architecting, building, and leading Transamerica’s brand ambassador network. This means collaborating with Transamerica’s individual business units to establish purpose driven communities that spread the word about Transamerica and its key value propositions.
- Working with Transamerica’s employees to understand all the good that the company does so that those things can be brought to light in the online world.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activities online so that Transamerica can react properly and in a timely manner. This includes identifying threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the company’s brand, report to the appropriate parties.
- Support Transamerica’s big brand initiatives with a strong social component that resonates with intended audiences and grows our engagement with them.
- Report and manage digital campaigns including budget oversight.
- Develop affiliated programs designed to increase exposure to (and business from) the target audience.
- Facilitate the integration of IT, online development, and vendor design as it pertains to social media.
- Align with sponsorship partners and alliances for online special events and social media marketing campaigns while ensuring Transamerica’s brand standards are met.
- Serve as a liaison between projects (as well as internal groups) and external agencies to ensure projects are handled in a timely manner and completed to Transamerica’s world class standards.
- Act as the eyes and ears of the company’s brand in the rapidly evolving social media environment.
- You’ve done this before and can demonstrate to us in your interview the social experiences you’ve built elsewhere that Anthony can check out online.
- You didn’t need to look up what “earned media” was and have a demonstrated history of driving earned media.
- You have a proven ability to manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and similar community sites — posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Transamerica is a data driven company, so you’ll know your metrics and able to discuss your previous successes, failures, and key learnings you’d bring to Transamerica’s team.
- You’re a snappy social writer — because you’re going to represent Transamerica’s brand online.
- You have the ability to be an advocate of Transamerica in social media, engaging in dialogues, establishing best practices and answering questions where appropriate. YOU will be the voice of Transamerica. You’ll need to be appropriately smart, pithy, witty (or maybe even wry or droll …), and always professional.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience managing social media campaigns and managing it day-to-day across activities that span organic content, 3rd party content, community outreach, brand, sponsorships and promotions.
- Ability to develop a network of fans and advocates with employees, intermediaries, consumers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Proven success with web and mobile based campaigns preferably B2B/B2C service or product
- Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.