HOLLYWOOD, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with ReStockIt.com in their search for an Email Marketing Manager based in Hollywood, FL. ReStockIt.com is a leading online retailer of supplies to small businesses. Revenues have grown aggressively over the past 4 years from $14 Million in 2008 to over $25 Million in 2012. The website offers more than 200,000 products from over 2,300 leading manufacturers.
The company employs a diverse team of individuals dedicated to its mission by offering an excellent salary and benefit package, including 99% company-paid health insurance, paid time off and holidays, as well as an IRA with 3% match by ReStockIt.com.
ReStockIt.com offers a casual work environment and a flexible schedule because the firm understands your personal life is as important as your professional life. If you’re dedicated and ready to work for an organization that cares about you, ReStockIt.com has an opening for an experienced Email Marketing Specialist.
One of the best ecommerce jobs in Miami.
ReStockIt.com seeks a creative, motivated and experienced Email Marketing Manager to create and deploy effective email marketing campaigns. This position is responsible for developing and implementing email program strategy, content development, campaign execution and reporting. This includes the daily deployment of emails, acting as project manager for a variety of email related projects, creating standard processes for email testing and reporting and being the primary contact with the firm’s ESP.
The ideal candidate will have solid email marketing experience with a business to business or business to consumer products website. Success will be measured by overall list growth, growth in engagement, incremental revenue generation, and development of new automated campaigns that support meaningful touch points for ReStockIt.com’s customers.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: ReStockIt.com is a leading online retailer of supplies to small businesses. Revenues have grown enormously over the past 4 years from $14 Million in 2008 to over $25 Million in 2012 due primarily to ReStockit.com’s wide selection of 200,000 products; its low pricing; and it’s “wow” customer service with immediate delivery out of 150 distribution centers dotted throughout the United States. The firm’s Net Promoter score sits squarely in the 80s, which is well above the industry high.
ReStockIt.com has been honored with many prestigious awards including South Florida Business Journal Business of the Year and one of the 500 largest ecommerce companies by Internet Retailer magazine.
Given the frequency with which ReStockIt.com’s customers re-order, email is a vital marketing channel for the firm, both for customer acquisition as well as loyalty, retention, and reactivation. But it takes a lot to keep ReStockIt.com’s emails consistent, relevant, anticipated, and personal for its hundreds of thousands of customers.
As if you didn’t already know, the volume of U.S. email is incredible: Top online retailers averaged 211 emails in 2012, up 19% over the prior year. This finding is expected to increase due to the email’s status as one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing. Moreover, there is a strong push by consumers to consume email on mobile devices, which has dramatically impacted how retailers distribute content. In 2012, 43% of email was opened on a mobile device, and today more people use their mobile phone to read email than to make a phone call.
The intensely crowded nature of this channel puts increased pressure on ReStockIt.com to better target its emails to speak to the specific pain points, needs, and wants of tightly segmented cohorts within its house file. The idea being that significantly improve segmentation will result in higher inbox delivery rates, open rates, and click through rates.
But improving ReStockIt.com’s email initiatives won’t stop there.
You will be responsible for all matters pertaining to list building, deliverability, e-mail content and design, promotional calendaring, targeting and list segmentation, managing customer inactivity, landing page production, testing, and quality assurance. In particular, we’d like to see you make dramatic improvements in …
- Content: ReStockIt.com uses Responsys to send 5 e-mails per week. The company does less segmentation than it should, and could do a better job of tailoring its content to each cohort.
- Loyalty and promotion management: For the email channel, you will own ReStockIt.com’s editorial calendar and ensure that the firm’s customers are incentivized to buy in quantities and prices that pre-empt the competition.
- Merchandising: Knowing what ReStockIt.com’s email subscribers want, when they want it, and in the context that it makes the most sense.
Basically, it’s up to you to figure out how to create, time, and deliver emails that are so good that ReStockIt.com’s customers will actually look forward to receiving them. In the words of email marketing guru, Chad White, we are looking for someone who understands that “an email subscriber’s time is far more valuable than the pittance it costs to email them. And it’s that cost-value gap that relevance has to fill.”
The bottom line is that we want you to produce emails so good that you wouldn’t care if you had to spend 42 cents to send each one. If you think you can do that, apply below.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Manage daily aspects of email marketing campaigns, promotional campaigns and transactional emails
- Write creative briefs and work with external designers for graphics content
- Manage creation of landing pages for email promotions and other Merchandising/Marketing programs
- Develop robust segmentation strategy for promotional email campaigns
- Audit creative for all emails to ensure link and landing page accuracy as well as proper tracking parameters
- Conduct extensive testing of email contact strategy, delivery timing, creative elements and different offers to build a knowledge base that drives future improvements
- Identify and test new opportunities for better offers for ongoing emails triggered by specific events to expand upsells from customer service messages
- Create and manage promotional calendar
- Segmentation analysis, browser and ISP testing
- Maintain email reporting for all email programs, including individual campaign metrics and yearly KPIs. Perform ad-hoc email reporting, as required and communicate results
- Develop win back strategies for opt-outs and new approaches to improve delivery
- Manage loyalty program, including email touch points within the loyalty platform and develop plan to integrate email communications across touch points (loyalty, promotional emails, transactional emails, direct sales emails)
- Miscellaneous marketing tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of email marketing experience (ideally with a high traffic online retailer with large selection of SKUs)
- Proven track record managing all aspects of email campaigns and delivery through Responsys (or other large ESP)
- Strong HTML/CSS skills
- Intermediate Dreamweaver/Photoshop skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple priorities
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and email best practices
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to drive actions
- Highly organized and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Strong sense of urgency with focus on troubleshooting and providing proactive creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Fast learner, problem solver who loves a challenge
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing
- Web Analytics (Omniture or Google Analytics) experience
- Online merchandising
- Endeca experience
- Experienced in social marketing campaigns in gaining positive exposure on Facebook and Twitter
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)