NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is a little unusual, but we have a confidential search for a niche ecommerce company based in New York City, and the job will pay a base salary of $120K. I wish I could tell you who the client is, but I can’t. All I can tell you is that …
… if you know them, you already love them.
Sidebar: One time a hiring manager from a totally unrelated company sent me an email with a link to this client’s site in his email’s sig file. Weird. When I asked him what the relationship was between him and my current client, he said “Oh nothing, I just really love the website and want to bring it to everyone’s attention.” Evidently, the guy wanted people to identify him with my client’s brand.
How’d you like to sell to people like that?
The firm’s ecommerce business has posted very heady increases over the last 3 years, growing organically through the enthusiasm of the brand’s fans. One look at their site and you’ll know why: They’re the go-to curator of smart and fun products, resonating with buyers looking for smart and fun gifts.
My project kickoff call notes are packed with confidential intel about the client’s existing online business, and the amount of traffic to their website gets is shockingly high. They have a very robust email house file, a large (and growing) number of SKUs on their site, and joint venture agreements in place to bring ecommerce to a (VERY) well known content brand.
The client seeks a candidate with sharp skills in the following areas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Comparison Shopping / Marketplaces
- Ecommerce Platform Management
- Email Marketing
- Paid Search
- Social Media
- Web Analytics
- Web Design / UX
This is a great opportunity to own all facets of a growing ecommerce business and take on a leadership role within a VERY well established, high-growth company.
- Proven business skills, including analytical thinking, creativity and innovation
- P/L driven with proven track record of success
- Result oriented, self starter with deep understanding of ecommerce and direct marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and organization skills with a focus on customer experience
- Be able to quickly adapt to trends, innovations, and opportunities that will improve the business
- Proven ability to acquire new customers, grow average order value and revenue
- Have a passion about ecommerce, design and marketing with a willingness to take ownership of the business and a leadership role within the company
The problem with confidential searches is that there is no way I can do the client justice in such an opaque way. However, as usual I do have lots of great information on this client and their industry. You’ll just have to take it from me that this is a fantastic client with sound underlying economics with a rabid fan base in a growing market. These are very sharp, friendly folks who need an ecommerce expert to show them how to put their fingers on the laces of the ball.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, please send your resume in Word format to
Harry right here. Be sure to insert the words “SECRET SEARCH: NYC” into the subject field of your email.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)