SOUTH DEERFIELD, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Yankee Candle in their search for a Web Content Manager based in South Deerfield, MA.
The Yankee Candle Company is the leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, based on sales, in the giftware industry. Employing approximately 6,000 people world-wide, Yankee Candle has a 42-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts, with sales from continuing operations of $785.8 million dollars in fiscal year 2011.
The company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 28,800 stores, a growing base of company owned and operated retail stores (552 Yankee Candle Stores located in 46 states and 1 province in Canada as of December 31, 2011), direct mail catalogs, and its website. Outside of North America, the company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network of approximately 5,700 stores and distributors covering a combined 49 countries.
A key contributor to Yankee Candle’s success has been its vertically integrated business model, which enables the firm to control most every aspect of its business, from product development to manufacturing to distribution to marketing and sales. This structure allows YC to consistently provide high quality and innovative products, and deliver them in a timely and efficient manner to customers all over the world.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for developing, executing and managing the content necessary to create and maintain the Company Ecommerce Website. Maximizing all available web site functionality within the content management system, the successful candidate will utilize web database management and traditional project management tools to meet and exceed identified goals for the web. In specific, this position is responsible for:
- Managing, prioritizing and scheduling product content updates for the E-commerce Website by coordinating and scheduling new projects with internal stakeholders, including email marketing, social media, online marketing, BIS, merchandising and advertising. Content includes, but is not limited to; item images, pricing, copy, product/category graphics, marketing graphics, cross-sells and up-sells.
- Monitoring website conversion rates by product category and homepage marketing graphics and optimizing outcomes by utilizing traditional sales measurement tools and A/B testing protocol, making recommendations to improve and maximize revenues as necessary.
- Coordinating with E-commerce Marketing Manager to optimize paid search conversion through Landing Pages and Homepage Graphics, pro-actively working with marketing and project leaders to understand content needs and project scope.
- Leading the internal team, effectively communicating and cross-training direct reports and all key stakeholders when new processes or solutions are implemented; as well as managing the product/inventory feeds supporting 3rd Party selling channels and applications.
- Maintaining systems and processes in a detailed and organized fashion to ensure optimal presentation and website performance, identifying, recommending and coordinating the implementation of industry best-practices in web content display.
- Documenting, maintaining and managing best practices; educating internal team members and communicating across all internal team members linked to web implementations.
- Benchmarking competitor sites and industry developments within the Internet, identifying and implementing new or improved processes that increase productivity and turnaround time.
This position has the ability to make certain day to day decisions within the team and will advise and assist senior management on significant decisions. In addition, this position is exposed to confidential information related to financial statements, payroll information and strategic initiatives undertaken by the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7 years proven experience with database driven applications and real-time, web content updating as well as 1-2 years of hands-on experience in an e-commerce environment designing web pages, developing and/or executing e-mail campaigns.
- Demonstrated web-page design, Adobe PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Flash, strong HTML programming skills as well as proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively to a broad based team.
Flexibility in work schedule is also required to work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Amy for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)