CHAPEL HILL, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Performance Bicycle in their search for a Web Production Specialist based in Chapel Hill, NC. Garry and Sharon Snook began Performance Bicycle in the basement of their Chapel Hill, NC home in 1982. The fledgling company’s commitment to giving cyclists the best selection of products, the best value and the best service in the industry fueled the growth of Performance for the next three decades.
As the company celebrates its 30th year of serving cyclists’ needs, Performance has grown into America’s leading multi-channel bicycle retailer. With more than 100 Performance Bicycle stores located in 19 states, an unrivaled inventory of more than 10,000 products available through our catalog and website, and a continuing commitment to providing value, education, expert advice and professional service to the cycling community, Performance Bicycle is the #1 shopping destination for people who love to ride bikes — and jump over logs!
About the role:
Reporting to the Web & Email Production Supervisor, the Web Production Specialist is responsible for maintaining the daily content and production of two high-volume consumer ecommerce sites on a customized WebSphere Commerce platform. This position is responsible for: developing new ecommerce experiences, a personalized shopping experience, driving effective on-site promotions, improving site conversion and delivering a superior brand experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily maintenance and uploads to site to support merchandise promotions and emails.
- Drive the effort to check content for errors (proofreading, testing and maintaining accuracy of web content) in both Staging and Production environments. QA and fix all errors on both environments for accuracy. Check all images, copy, promotions, and site functionality.
- Compile and manage all content, assets, and products for every event using WebSphere Commerce.
- Manage on-site search, including filtering, sorting and reporting.
- Help manage a production calendar.
- Assist in developing a personalized shopping experience for different target audiences.
- Manage timelines and dependencies for publishing to the e-Commerce sites.
- Liaison with merchandising, web graphics, and IT teams for all support issues that arise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Understand eCommere CMS production cycles.
- Manage tight deadlines and prioritization.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Team player.
- Understand sense of urgency & prioritization.
- Well organized, attention to detail and process oriented.
Additional Technical Competencies:
- Prior production experience and/or online retail experience required.
- Experience with IBM Websphere a plus.
- HTML/Basic CSS
- Basic technical understanding of internet technologies, staging environment, and the operations of a commercial Web site.
- Site maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
UPDATE: This search is now closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)