ATLANTA, GA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
Once again, we are working with our friends at Altisource who seek a Creative Director, Digital / UX based in Atlanta, GA. Altisource™ is a high energy, rapidly expanding technology and services provider that is changing the way people conduct business in the real estate, mortgage and financial services segments. This is your opportunity to become a critical member of one of Altisource’s fastest growing divisions: the Consumer Real Estate Portal group.
Reporting to the Director, Consumer Ecommerce, you will play a key role in building and developing a growing team that provides internal expertise for the consumer-facing web, mobile, and social experiences of the Real Estate Portal group.
You will drive the user experience strategy using a keen design aesthetic to deliver products that connect with consumers in the most engaging, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. You will simplify complexity, and lead your team in creating elegant, mainstream presentations of otherwise complex real estate workflows. As an expert in your field and an unfailing consumer advocate, you will have a major impact on the business and its digital properties.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Much has been written on this site about Altisource’s business. Candidates for this position would be well advised to read my previous posts here and here. Simply put, Altisource seeks to be the first major marketplace where real estate transactions can be managed by all parties from end to end. That includes buyers, sellers, and agents.
If you are skeptical about the model, don’t be. Altisource is killing it, and this is not the first real estate client for whom I’ve closed searches. Others include the National Association of Realtors, America’s premier trade association for real estate brokers (which has 1.2 million members). Every real estate professional understands that the Internet is here to stay, and Altisource’s site, Hubzu, will likely be a key destination for home buyers / sellers and real estate professionals alike.
Obviously, this is a massive market opportunity.
The US residential real estate brokerage and management industry includes about 180,000 companies with combined annual revenue of about $160 billion. The industry is fragmented: the 50 largest companies account for less than 30% of revenue.
Demand is driven by population growth — projected to be 16.5% by 2030. The profitability of residential real estate brokerage and management companies depends on demand for properties and the volume of transactions they handle, both of which are usually higher during periods of strong economic growth. Large companies have only modest economies of scale and benefit mainly from better name recognition than smaller rivals. Small companies compete effectively by developing expertise in a single market or region.
This is good news for Altisource, as large and small players seek wider access to buyers, sellers, and vendors — while making their businesses more efficient in the process.
Major services include real estate brokerage (45% of industry revenue), leasing residential units to tenants (35%), and property management (15%). Many companies provide multiple services; for example, companies that lease residential units to tenants might also manage the properties. Some residential real estate leasing companies operate as real estate investment trusts (REITs), which are covered in a separate industry profile.
All of this benefits Altisource, whose consumer business is divided into three parts: The Buy side; the Sell side; and the Agency side of the business. As the Creative Director, you will have a tremendous impact on all three parts.
The client needs someone who has led UX and creative design initiatives on a large scale consumer content site. The site’s functionality will be marry best in class portal functionality with fully transactional capabilities on the backend. Altisource will be heavily immersed in mobile, and the team needs a Creative Director who is looking for an opportunity to build something special and new.
Is this you?
You must possess a heavy consumer digital background, in addition to having a passion for new media, mobile, and social. Some platform integration knowledge is ideal, as is being very consumer insight driven and data driven. You must be able to take actual consumer insights, whether it’s hard data or behavioral data, and incorporate that into business objectives. That means being able to create user flows and wireframes, which implies that you will have solid experience in UX and visual design. You’ll manage a small internal team in addition to several external agencies.
The opportunities for personal and professional growth are endless. Call me and I can give you much more information about the position.
- Lead a team of full-time and contract Interaction and Visual Designers to drive user experience strategy and design for web, mobile and social media experiences
- Recruit, train, manage and mentor team members
- Design UI architecture, interface, interaction flows, and visual design
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Create standout user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability studies
- Collaborate and coordinate with Product Management and Development to ensure all requirements are accounted for in designs
- Assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize the progress of user experience projects
- Support decision-making regarding front-end design through analytic use cases and A/B testing
Key Result Areas:
- Identify and implement new processes, tools and techniques to elevate the performance of the User Experience team
- Serve as subject matter expert on the user experience, usability best practices, user-centered design, and our customers
- Support the development team with well-thought-through interaction notes for wireframes, robust use cases and a collaborative approach to technical problem-solving
- Lead team in designing according to eCommerce best practices with an eye for changing trends
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university in information design, HCI or related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio or work samples showcasing user experience prowess, creativity, and depth of thought coupled with a clean design aesthetic
- 7+ years of dedicated experience in user experience architecture, interaction design, information architecture, or similar field
UPDATE: This search is now closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)