EDISON, NJ – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Wakefern Food Corp. in their search for a Mobile Project Manager based in Edison, NJ. From a small, struggling cooperative with eight members – all owners of their own grocery stores – Wakefern Food Corp. has grown into the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States.
Founded in 1946, the cooperative is comprised of 47 members who today individually own and operate more than 240 supermarkets under the ShopRite banner in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. In 1996, Wakefern introduced PriceRite stores, extending the company’s reach into Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Today, there are 47 PriceRite stores in five states.
As the merchandising and distribution arm of both ShopRite and PriceRite, Wakefern, together with its member companies, employ more than 50,000 people; making it one of the largest employers in New Jersey. In addition, Wakefern also distributes products to other supermarkets throughout the northeastern United States and Bermuda.
Wakefern was recently named one of the Best Places to Work in NJ by NJBIZ Magazine. In 2011, Supermarket News gave Wakefern its Retail Excellence Award and The Griffin Report named Wakefern its Retailer of the Year.
About the Role:
The Mobile Project Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the strategic consumer mobile plan to drive sales and loyalty while maximizing the consumer experience. This associate will manage existing mobile programs and tactics and aggressively research and develop new mobile strategies and platforms based on new innovation and business needs.
- Research and develop various mobile platforms and solutions to include but not limited to: mobile marketing, m-Commerce, mobile payment and social mobile marketing
- Manage new mobile project plans that include our internal IT division and third party resources
- Define and implement a comprehensive mobile communication strategy which includes SMS, mobile coupons and promotions
- Manage consultants and agencies in conjunction with new and existing mobile app development
- Continually research and stay apprised of mobile innovations and consumer trends to best meet and exceed consumer needs with respect to mobile solutions
- Drive mobile application refinements and new features to increase visitation, engagement, sales and brand awareness
- Explore new third party mobile apps to drive sales and enhance shopper experience on existing mobile applications
- Monitor and analyze success of tactics and barriers to maximize performance of mobile initiatives
- Develop, maintain and communicate mobile platforms and ongoing metrics on a regular basis
- Deliver recommendations based on analysis to members, executives and various committees as needed
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor degree required
- Self-starter with 5 years in developing and managing marketing platforms and strategies; mobile specific experience preferred
- Deep understanding of strategic marketing, business and financials specific to consumer mobile initiatives; retail knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of technical support required for mobile solutions
- Proven ability to manage project plans supported by internal Informational Technology Division and external resources
- Proven ability to analyze data and substantiate business recommendations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Proven ability to interact with associates at various levels, both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
UPDATE: This search is now closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)