RALEIGH, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Lenovo in its search for an Ecommerce Site Optimization Lead based in Raleigh, NC. With over $21B+ in sales, Lenovo is the world’s fastest growing major PC maker. The company climbed to number 2 in worldwide PC market share and continues its fast ascent. Lenovo is a global corporation with significant operations on six continents and operating in more than 60 countries and selling products in 160.
Everyone at Lenovo takes great pride in the firm’s ability to attract top talent from diverse multinational backgrounds, and the company views its diversity as a source of great strength. To say that Lenovo’s management values its people is a huge understatement: Check out this July 2012 article in which the CEO of Lenovo, Yang Yuanqing, took his $3 million bonus and distributed it among 10,000 junior level Lenovo employees. I mean, who does that??
Not surprisingly, Lenovo has no world headquarters and, instead, has put in place a distributed management structure that places operational hubs in centers of excellence around the world. That’s like, so cool. For more on Lenovo, check out this July 9, 2012 article from the Wall Street Journal.
Lenovo is seeking a talented Web Optimization Lead to help it optimize its ecommerce site and project manage and communicate test plans.
This position is on the North American eCommerce team based in Morrisville, NC. This position will report to the Manager of eCommerce Merchandising and Development.
- Develop a process for submitting new optimization test ideas.
- Work with Adobe to identify optimization test opportunities and create roadmap for all testing ideas.
- Work with management team on the prioritization of optimization test ideas.
- Share quarterly roadmap with key Lenovo cross-functional teams.
- Adjust prioritization of optimization roadmap as business needs warrant.
- Manage test brief reviews with key internal stakeholders and adjust test plans with Adobe accordingly to business needs.
- Develop clearly defined hypothesis that are effectively proven or disproven through well managed test designs.
- Manage creative reviews for all test plans in the priority roadmap.
- Execute all test plans working closely with user experience, design, marketing and development teams to launch tests accurately.
- Manage hour allocation and weekly relationships with external agencies including setting priorities, organizing meetings and discussing test opportunities/implementation/results.
- Manage Quality Assurance testing and resolution prior to test launches.
- Manage test launch and communication of test launches.
- Lead the optimization component of the weekly merchandising/development team interlock to discuss upcoming tests, review creative designs and share test results.
- Share key optimization successes in a quarterly review the Vice President of Global eCommerce and the Executive Director of North American eCommerce.
- Participate in a monthly global interlock with geo counterparts to share learning from current promotions/merchandising best practices.
- Review industry sites and attend conferences to learn best practices for ecommerce site optimization.
- Minimum 6-8 years working in an ecommerce organization with demonstrated experience in managing the online experience for maximizing site conversion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- Familiarity with Adobe’s Test & Target Optimization engine.
- Strong project management and organizational skills to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with little direction.
- Excellent communication skills are crucial since this position will work with multiple cross-functional and external teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff in a fast paced, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and able to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
- Knowledge of web marketing best practices.
- Fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
- Ability to analyze metrics and make decisions based on results.
- Understanding of effective web design in order to implement impactful optimization programs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and innovative thinking are also required to maximize results and productivity.
- 1-3 years A/B Testing or Multi-Variate Testing
- 1 year Web Optimization
- 1 year Web Analytics such as Site Catalyst or Google Analytics etc.
- 2 years Project Management
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- 1 year executive presentations
Nice to have:
- Test and Target is a big plus
- PMP certification
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)