I have a number of clients who are offering great jobs at amazing base salary levels — but as you can appreciate, they'd like to remain anonymous because they don't want their current employees carping about how much the new guy / gal is going to make.
For example, here is a posting for a mid-west IR-500 client seeking a Vice President, Digital Marketing. The base comp on this role will be $250-275K with a very ripe bonus to boot.
This is a critical role in the development and delivery of the brand’s digital presence, driving purchasing behavior through the use of all available digital techniques, including emerging platforms and technologies. With a strong focus on the key business metrics including revenue, profit, demand, traffic, site conversion, retention, and engagement, you will lead the growth of the digital business to deliver a growing profit stream and expand the consumer’s positive experience with the Brand.
Leadership responsibilities include the user experience, email, customer loyalty, and program management functions. Qualified candidates must have a strong ability to drive transformation from catalog to an exceptional on line customer experience.
- Develop digital marketing plans to increase traffic and engagement with new, prospective customers, building a “best customer” program that enables consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases.
- Dramatically accelerate ecommerce sales, including programs with established and new etailers and strategic partners (key external stakeholders across the app and digital publishing space, and industry experts).
- Lead the thinking for mobile platform development: Website content, ecommerce, partnership and community development, consumer research, marketing, and website technology
- Grow and upgrade organizational capability in the digital area and seamlessly integrate digital marketing into each marketing program.
- Manage dedicated digital staff as well as overseeing a cross-functional team of web developers
- Actively partner and collaborate with cross-functional partners including key stakeholders, public relations, creative, national advertising, and go-to-market and campaign teams to ensure a consistent message and focus across all consumer touch points.
- Partner to develop advertising strategies for this space that provide key insights, meaningful engagements and build the brand with the key consumer targets.
- Leverage the use of marketing analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to reach the consumer in new ways to improve marketing ROI recommendations and overall strategies.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 15+ years of marketing experience with at least 8-10 years digital experience with integrated media and marketing platforms that include experience in social, digital, and traditional marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing digital marketing initiatives that will scale to support the requirements of a growing organization with multiple brands.
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve online presence with excellent working knowledge of social media outreach strategies. Able to translate trends into brand right business opportunities.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills, with a willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Prior experience leading and developing a team of professionals, as well as working across indirect reports and cross functional partners.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization; must be able to articulate a vision and develop and deliver supporting marketing plans.
- Strong relationship builder both within the organization and with external partners.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change.Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing / MBA strongly preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.