BRANFORD, CT – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Brady Corporation in their search for an Ecommerce Conversion Manager based in Branford, CT. Brady is an international manufacturer of safety products that protect premises, products and people. The firm’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials.
Founded in 1914, the company has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. So, while Brady is a B2B play, it has the marketing feel of a B2C play. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee and employs approximately 6,500 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Brady’s 2011 sales were $1.34 billion and its stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol BRC.
Brady has two primary online retail sites: Seton.com and Emedco.com. For 60+ years both brands have been the leading icons of safety products for the workplace. With over 225,000 products available and millions of customers, the online retail model has a ton of applicability.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of User Experience, the Ecommerce Conversion Manager will develop and implement web strategies for improved conversion rates, usability, marketing, website testing, and site functionality. You’ll be responsible for recommendations of strategies, and managing, planning and executing strategies for Brady’s commerce websites in Brady’s Direct Marketing America’s Group. This position is pivotal to driving success of the firm’s online businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance the overall User Experience while improving site functionality and conversion
- Utilize testing methodologies and best practices to increase conversion rates
- Work with the optimization team and grow revenue from the channel. Understand which projects and efforts will have the biggest impact and prioritize and focus accordingly
- Utilize customer experience analytics tools to measure and improve engagement and satisfaction.
- Capture and integrate Voice of Customer data as well as Market Research data to help create the ultimate online customer experience.
- Translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
- Convert more website visitors to buyers while improving overall website usability
- Work with the Web Designers and Web Developers to create elements and/or landing pages for which to test, monitor and evaluate outcomes and implement changes.
- Work alongside Strategy and Analytics business groups as well as development to coordinate testing, brainstorm new ideas, and draw conclusions for continually improving conversion
- Recommend strategic efforts and drive execution necessary to deliver high end marketing performance, providing a critical contribution to growth and profitability goals over the near and long-term.
- Participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Analyze current and historical KPI’s on an ongoing basis to identify trends, strengths and weaknesses, and provide business intelligence
- Participate in competitive analyses.
- Communicate results, successes and improvement strategies to Direct Marketing senior leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 years of full-time oversight and hands-on experience working on conversion improvement efforts in a transactional e-commerce environment.
- Ability to work with and motive cross functional team, to flawless execution of all strategies
- In-depth knowledge or hands-on experience in all of the following e-commerce usability, conversion and AOV improvement activities …
- Product Merchandising
- Buy flow, clickpath/clickstream, and sales funnel analysis
- Capturing and implementing Voice of Customer, using surveys and other methods
- Abandoned Shopping Cart reduction
- Product upsell, cross-sell, and bundling tactics
- Landing page & Website A/B and Multivariate testing
- Excellent data analysis skills. Must be able to monitor and evaluate the impact of the optimization efforts.
- Understanding of web design elements, Information Architecture, and Persuasion Architecture in an ecommerce setting.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in E-commerce Usability, Conversion rate and AOV improvement methods.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with exceptional web analytics and reporting capabilities, and the desire to delve into data.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to effectively communicate results, successes and improvement strategies to senior management.
- Professionalism and Tenacity: Must be dedicated and driven by results.
UPDATE: THIS POSITION IS CLOSED.