MANCHESTER, VT – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Vermont Country Store in their search for a Customer Insights Analyst based in Manchester, VT (seen here):
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We have worked with this client on several occasions, and I am always impressed with their love of the customer and passion for the direct-to-consumer marketing space. DTC marketing is in this company’s DNA: They think about it. They talk about it. They joke about it. They love everything about it. For a Customer Insights Analyst, there’s no better place to be, as practically everyone at VCS has a teachable point of view on DTC marketing research, along with a genuine desire to take the company’s game to the next level. The culture is all about rigorous debate and intelligent, hypothesis-driven experimentation.
On any given day at VCS, you might huddle with your colleagues about how customers are scored based on their catalog and non-catalog responsiveness. Or, you might find yourself in a meeting about how VCS’ customers are migrating from traditional channels to digital ones. Or, you might be assigned to a task force to review how customers are segmented based on channel and merchandise preference. The fact is, direct marketing has always been “all about the math,” so it follows that any analyst worth her salt will feel right at home at VCS, where there’s nothing as devastating to an opinion as a number.
The Customer Insights Analyst will work in Marketing and provide customer insights across the business in order to drive better product, merchandising, marketing and strategy decisions. This position is responsible for management, analysis and interpretation of customer satisfaction research, custom analyses using sales data, consumer and marketplace trends and customer requests. The role will ensure that the voice of the customer and competitive context is integrated into decision making throughout the business. The Analyst will have strong ability to prioritize projects and synthesize large amounts of data to generate clear and actionable recommendations.
- Define research plans in conjunction with key stakeholders, conduct surveys, analyze sales and survey data and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Develop, execute and interpret customer satisfaction and equity studies
- Analyze category and product level sales data by demographic, customer value, purchase behavior and other key customer groups
- Develop, manage and analyze customer surveys to provide the business with product feedback and new product ideas
- Optimize and manage customer request database
- Analyze competitive list usage to provide Product Development with competitive intelligence
- Mine social media sources for product and customer insights
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college/university
- 5+ years relevant expertise utilizing analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, creative analytical thinking and ability to present complex information in a simple compelling manner
- A passion for data analysis and understanding consumer behavior
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)