CINCINNATI, OH – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Luxottica Retail in their search for a Director of Ecommerce for Sunglass Hut to be based in Cincinnati, OH.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: With a strong portfolio of retail brands, Luxottica (which owns Sunglass Hut) is positioned to reach every segment of the market. The retail portfolio offers a variety of differentiation points for consumers, including the latest in designer and high performance sun frames, advanced lens options, advanced eye care, every day value, and premiere vision care health benefits.
Since its acquisition of Sunglass Hut in 2001, Luxottica has become the world leader in the sun retail business. As of December 31, 2008, the Group operated 2,286 stores worldwide, mostly under the Sunglass Hut brand.
Luxottica Group’s optical retail operations are through leading brands such as LensCrafters and Pearle Vision, leaders in North America, and OPSM, Laubman & Pank and Budget Eyewear, which are active throughout Australia and New Zealand. The Group also has a major retail presence in China, where it is the top operator in the premium market with LensCrafters.
Due to the fragmented nature of the European retail market, the Company does not operate optical retail stores in Europe outside of the United Kingdom, where it recently bought the remaining stake in the David Clulow optical chain, which sells both prescription and sun products.
The Director of ecommerce is responsible for planning and executing the ecommerce strategy for Sunglasshut.com. Functional oversight includes web operations, product management, planning & allocations, web design, onsite merchandising, and content management. The Director is accountable for the quality and timely delivery of all programs, projects and initiatives as assigned.
Responsibilities include maintaining the daily content and production of a high volume retail (ecommerce) web site, creating a personalized shopping experience, driving effective onsite promotions, improving site conversion, and aligning with the company’s web properties to deliver a superior brand experience. This position will work closely with IT and other areas of the company to explore and develop new online initiatives and opportunities designed to meet and exceed the eCommerce revenue goals.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and execution of eCommerce strategy
- Responsible for developing short and long term objectives, customer metrics, and overall performance for a 2-year old and rapidly growing consumer retail eCommerce website.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase web site conversion rates, average order size, customer profitability, customer retention, site traffic and reduce cart abandonment rates.
- Develop clear and realistic business case scenarios for new product capabilities in order to rationalize resource investments.
- Serve as key leader for all online efforts within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
Planning and execution of product development roadmap
- Manage product innovation through cross-functional teams focusing on new product capabilities and services.
- Use market research, customer surveys, and web analytic data to understand customer needs, identify new opportunities, and define a product roadmap.
- Serve as expert on trendsetting practices in e-commerce site functionality.
- Transform complex concepts into executable plans and improved customer experiences.
- Understand business requirements, working with resource and project managers to meet scheduled timelines.
- Oversight of website creative design
- Manage the overall customer experience on the web site.
- Direct creative team to make data-driven and customer-focused user experience enhancements
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)