CINCINNATI, OH – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Luxottica Retail in their search for an Omni-Channel Content Strategist to be based in Cincinnati, OH. As a business division of Luxottica Group, Luxottica Retail is a diverse, growing family of 42,000 associates and doctors working together to make a difference in the lives of its customers.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: With a strong portfolio of retail brands, Luxottica is positioned to reach every segment of the market. The retail portfolio offers a variety of differentiation points for consumers, including the latest in designer and high performance sun frames, advanced lens options, advanced eye care, every day value, and premiere vision care health benefits. This is a fashion oriented business where product form sometimes trumps function, and this is a brand sensitive business. IE, these folks fully understand why great content is a must for online marketing.
Since its acquisition of Sunglass Hut in 2001, Luxottica has become the world leader in the sun retail business. As of December 31, 2008, the Group operated 2,286 stores worldwide, mostly under the Sunglass Hut brand.
Luxottica Group’s optical retail operations are through leading brands such as LensCrafters and Pearle Vision, leaders in North America, and OPSM, Laubman & Pank and Budget Eyewear, which are active throughout Australia and New Zealand. The Group also has a major retail presence in China, where it is the top operator in the premium market with LensCrafters.
Due to the fragmented nature of the European retail market, the Company does not operate optical retail stores in Europe outside of the United Kingdom, where it recently bought the remaining stake in the David Clulow optical chain, which sells both prescription and sun products.
As of December 31, 2008, Luxottica’s optical retail business consisted of 3,798 stores.
The Omni-Channel Content Strategist is responsible for developing the content strategy for LensCrafters.com, mobile sites, digital and in-store customer-facing technologies. The Strategist will ensure successful execution of the strategy by internal and external partners.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internal evangelist for developing content as a strategic asset across channels (ie. LensCrafters.com, mobile, in-store, digital); both as a decision and selling tool as well as a critical component of LensCrafters.com’s SEO efforts.
- Partners with the creative/design, merchandising and marketing teams to conceptualize, develop and implement merchandising content, editorial content, user generated content and rich media content (i.e. video) that builds/reinforces LensCrafters’ brand and leverages available offline content.
- Works with internal teams, merchants and vendors to establish and enforce content standards for all product categories.
- Partners to translate brand guidelines into appropriate online voice and copy execution.
- Leads the effort to streamline the product content production process and develop a prioritized plan for building the quality and quantity of editorial and user generated content based on member need, business impact and resources.
- Oversees the production schedule of content from concept through the publishing process and establish the workflow/approval process for content across functional teams.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong brand development skills
- The ability to lead multiple projects, work with many constituencies and work across all communication platforms
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- A “take charge” spirit, moving others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility quickly and maintain excellent relationships
- In depth knowledge of department and brand processes, procedures, and systems
- Keen attention to detail
- Travels 10% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum 6-8 years of previous Brand Marketing experience
- Branding, content development and strategy, and online/offline marketing experience
- Ability to glean important content strategies from cross-department leaders
- Brief development and agency partnership experience
- Proven ability to develop and implement customer-centric content strategies
UPDATE: This search is closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)