ATLANTA, GA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
Altisource™ is a high energy, rapidly expanding technology and services provider that is changing the way people conduct business in the real estate, mortgage and financial services segments. This is your opportunity to become a critical member of one of Altisource’s fastest growing divisions: the Consumer Real Estate Portal group.
There is a really informative blog post about Altisource here. Take a couple of minutes to check it out and Tweet it, of course — then come on back for more on this role.
Back so soon? You’re a fast reader!
Now then, reporting to the Director, Consumer Ecommerce, you will be responsible for the definition and execution of the product strategy for mobile web and apps. You’ll operate in a matrixed role to define the social media product strategy and collaborate with Product Owners to embed social capabilities throughout the business. As the subject matter expert, you’ll stay abreast of the rapidly evolving mobile and social spaces, and bring applicable ideas and technologies to Altisource’s customer base.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is a ground-floor opportunity to build a mobile presence for Altisource. The client doesn’t have anything in place today, but as every home buyer knows, mobile is hugely important to the home buying process. If you look at all the marquee names in the real estate technology space, a big component of what they do is mobile. Think RedFin, Zillow, and Trulia.
Altisource is looking to do mobile web as well as mobile applications. They have aggressive business expansion plans for their Portals business, incorporating mobile not only on the GoHoming platform, but in other businesses as well. This is not an “one and done” opportunity, but it’s all about putting together the strategy for mobile web and mobile applications across all of the Portal division’s digital products
The new hire must identify the unique features and user experience that the company can bring to mobile devices such as the smartphone and tablets. Altisource is not interested in merely replicating what’s happening on the web, but they seek to be value-added in the mobile environment. This role involves asking “What resources do we need to have in place to define the strategy and execute against it?” The company may need to engage with consultants, contractors, service providers to help them bring these things to market as quickly as possible.
Obviously, speed matters a great deal.
Obviously, speed matters a great deal.
What Altisource is trying to accomplish in the mobile environment is helping people connect with properties (condos, houses, etc), ideally with the aim of transacting. Think of an eBay for real estate. Now imagine that a buyer is interested in a property and its 9:30pm and they are in a movie. Suddenly, the buyer gets a text message advising him that he has been outbid on the property. With Altisource, he’d be able to react immediately, whenever, wherever. That’s the kind of connectedness that Altisource hopes to facilitate.
That’s just one example.
Another question might be “How can Altisource connect agents with properties? How do we make properties easy to show and sell?” Macro mobile metrics are interesting to Altisource, but the client wants to get more granular than that.
With regard to social, certainly Altisource wants to engage with its customers, but the broader question is “How does Altisource embed social capabilities into its products so that its users can connect with the social graph and a meaningful and productive way?”
Imagine that someone is shopping on GoHoming and she is interested in a property and she thinks it’s a good deal. But she’s not quite ready to pull the trigger. At that point, she could post a note to Facebook and share some thoughts with her social graph to get their input. Altisource’s tools will allow such users to get input from their friends and family in order to enlist decision-support. Not only is this is a “win” for the user — but also it’s great for Altisource as a potential marketing vehicle.
Beyond these examples, there are endless opportunities to combine social media tools with Altisource’s product suite to better serve users. For example, what if GoHoming was mashed-up with Pinterest? Seriously. With distressed real estate assets, you’re not only purchasing a home — you are purchasing a dream. Altisource wants to help people to use social media and social platforms to turn their home into a dream by putting together the pieces of dream to help them visualize and realize it.
- Discover and propose new mobile and social product experiences that are best-in-class for our customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to build product requirements and drive successful launches of mobile products, including leading teams to envision new features
- Collaborate with the Manager, Web Analytics to define, develop and manage key mobile and social analytics
- Develop and execute plans utilizing third-party vendors and/or internal development teams
- Drive broad organizational engagement in mobile initiatives through passionate, inspired leadership and energetic partnering and relationship development
- Provide insights to cross-channel and cross-functional teams on usage and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Define and analyze industry best practices and important developments in the mobile/social space
- Measure and analyze product metrics, customer needs, and business opportunities to shape our products’ feature set and improve user experience
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for mobile/social initiatives to support the Real Estate Portals growth plan
- Assess and recommend the appropriate build, partner and buy options for implementing the roadmap
- Coordinate rapid, smooth, and successfully iterative product launches in close collaboration with Development, User Experience, Marketing and Business stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years in product management with a track record of successful mobile/social launches
- Deep understanding of the mobile space, including devices, technologies, and applications – passion for staying abreast of mobile trends and for building mobile products
- Experience in building communities or delivering product features that leverage social networks, like Facebook and Twitter in thoughtful ways that produce measurable benefit to the business and its customers
- Hands-on experience working as a product owner in an agile development process
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Extensive network of social media and mobile technology contacts, including vendors and service providers
- Strong organizational and project management with attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate to the senior executive level
- Passionate about mobile innovation and creating product experiences that delight users
UPDATE: THIS POSITION IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)