STRATHAM, NH – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) in their search for an Ecommerce Manager. Lindt & Sprüngli is recognized as a leader in the market for premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 100 countries around the world.
During more than 165 years of Lindt & Sprüngli’s existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate, with six production sites in Europe, two in the USA and distribution and sales companies on four continents. Perhaps you’ve seen their advertisements …
Reporting to the Director of D2C Marketing, the Ecommerce Manager is responsible for managing and continuously improving Lindt (USA)’s ecommerce initiatives. This entails website management and maintenance, and managing the Ecommerce Specialist. This person will also manage outsourced 3rd party vendor IT functions of the website.
Business Intelligence and Performance Analytics
- In partnership with the Director of D2C Marketing, set strategy for the growth vision, and overall health of the Lindt USA Ecommerce channel.
- Identify and recommend new opportunities to drive sales, visibility and efficiencies for the growth of Ecommerce business channel, including site functionality and design, and 3rd party/vendor effectiveness.
- Evaluate KPI’s of Ecommerce business channel with respective teams to monitor trend, performance and identify any areas of opportunity.
- This includes but is not limited to sales, profits, website analytics, program effectiveness and overall efficiencies.
- Manage all technical and design related site upgrades for Lindt USA’s website and supporting platforms.
- Maintain brand appropriate quality, design and functionality of the Lindt USA Ecommerce website.
- Research and develop online business analytics and supporting programs as a vital component of online business decisions and tracking online consumer behavior and trends.
- Conduct online research of Lindt USA competition, including but not limited to website content and features, and online marketing programs, with goal of ensuring brand differentiation within market.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of D2C Marketing to develop the P&L for all ecommerce related expenses and sales.
- Deliver upon all sales targets set for ecommerce channel, and all metrics set within the P&L/budgets.
- Ensure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and ensure accurate budget forecasting, program ROI and benchmark identification.
Management of Lindt’s Online Marketing Campaigns
- Support Ecommerce Specialist in evaluation of integrated online marketing programs – including email marketing, search marketing & optimization, online partnerships and/or affiliations for Lindt brand and product line for growth of the website traffic and sales.
- Utilize website for optimization and promotion of business channels including Retail Stores, Marketing, R.S.V.P. and B2B/corporate gifts, to ensure a consistent multi-channel brand for consumers.
- Work with Lindt’s Search Marketing partner to ensure Lindt’s search engine rankings (paid and organic) are optimized, in addition to identifying emerging trends and tests for website traffic & sales growth.
- Manage online marketing expenses, technology/functionality expenses (e.g. outsourced to technology vendor), program expenses and ROI.
Online Properties Management
- Strategic partnership management of internet based applications:
- Manage online properties for Lindt & Sprungli (USA) to include microsites, and www.lindtusa.com in conjunction with appropriate teams (Marketing).
- Partner with Director of D2C Marketing as contact for Lindt’s online technology provider, and/or design and marketing agencies, work with Lindt D2C and Marketing teams in regards to online programs and opportunities.
- Partner with appropriate teams to assist in online portal management (e.g. shopping portals, partnership websites) as opportunities arise.
- Work with Director of D2C Sales to support online portal and technology needs.
- Work with product development teams on a continuous basis to understand Lindt’s everyday products, new products, and promotions, key selling dates, and forecasted sales, and ensure this assortment is available on Lindt USA’s ecommerce site.
- Ensure all online content is updated, relevant and appropriate for Lindt audiences and customers alike through administration of website content including corporate and product-related items.
- Support relationship with Fulfillment to ensure proper inventory assortment and order management are executed for Ecommerce channel.
Tracking and Analysis:
- Develop and analyze timely analysis of Lindt USA’s sales performance, highlighting key placement performance and provide insightful learning’s, implications and recommendations to help guide managements business decisions.
- Work with Product Development and D2C Planning to select and forecast appropriate product assortment for online audience, identifying strengths and/or opportunities as they arise.
Staff Management and Development
- Train, manage and develop the Ecommerce Specialist and provide support for their responsibilities and initiatives, evaluation of strategy and effectiveness of programs, and communication of policies and procedures as communicated by VP of D2C.
- Monitor effectiveness of all online marketing initiatives driven by Ecommerce Specialist, and analyze initiatives together to incorporate learnings into all future initiatives and programs.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strategic vision paired with tactical attitude and ability.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. partners) towards achieving common goals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proactive thinking, professional maturity and business savvy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make timely, sound decisions.
- Strong ability for Business Analysis.
Education: BA or BS Degree required
UPDATE: This search is closed.
Get our latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)