UNION, NJ – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Bed, Bath and Beyond in their search for a SEM Manager, in Union, NJ.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The successful SEM Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Search agency of record in addition to understanding and strategizing how Search works with other Marketing Channels.
This position must help determine, educate and communicate how each product segment should be targeted in Search for maximum efficient scale. Interfacing with merchants, IT and other departments are essential aspects of this role.
To perform this job successfully, the SEM Manager must be able to perform each essential duty of the job outlined below, and to accept special projects as assigned:
- Pro-actively monitor Search and CSE performance, trends and projections
- Manage and communicate effectively with agency and internal teams
- Maintain a strategic relationship with Engine vertical teams and report back pertinent data and recommendations
- Use and leverage industry tools, like Hitwise and Google tools, to identify advantageous trends
- Analyze web traffic to extrapolate Search’s role, influence and cross channel opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on new online features, betas and vet potential vendors
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage the project plans, schedules and initiatives implemented by the agency and report as necessary back to executive team
- Interface with other marketing channels and departments outside of marketing to determine how best to integrate product offerings into search campaigns
- Monitor budgets and key search KPIs on a regular basis; set specific goals per segment and/or initiative on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Keep current on industry trends, work with Engine teams and new vendors to report back potential opportunities to broader marketing team
- Data mine third party tools, like Hitwise or Search Monitor for strategic insights for search and other marketing channels; think of cross channel opportunities and how search insights can be leveraged in conjunction with other media
- The SEM Manager must be pro-active in making testing recommendations and reporting those results on creatives, keywords, landing pages, etc. while producing analysis in a broader marketing context
- Self-Starter: As the position entails so many elements, the candidate should be a self starter; someone who doesn’t require handholding. They should be able to assess a situation, develop a plan, get approval and run with it.
- Analytical Thinker: it’s imperative this candidate possess critical thinking and analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify problems and formulate practical solutions. Provide SEM recommendations based on analysis.
- Develop unique understanding, strategies and reporting of all Search networks, including: syndicated sites, parked domains, mobile, tablet and geo-targeting
- Minimum – A Bachelor’s degree, with specific training / experience in related field
- Preferred – A Master’s degree, with specific training / experience in related field
- Minimum of 3 years proven SEM experience in optimizing B2C campaigns for search engines
- Minimum of 2 years proven SEM experience in managing an agency team with retail clients
- Engine Certifications
- Strong understanding of Search strategy, project planning and agency-client model
- Experience working in tandem with Search Engine representatives
- Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with web analytics software (e.g., Coremetrics, Omniture, Visual Sciences)
- Experience with online competitive intelligence services (e.g., comScore, Hitwise) a plus
- Experience with large retail accounts and specific strategies used to optimize a retail campaign
- Examples of efficient scale, revenue growth, and cost reductions in all PPC segments
- Experience developing mobile SEM strategies and optimizing search in conjunction with other channels
- Experience in lowering CPCs and raising Quality Scores across Brand and Non Brand keyword structures
- Knowledge in all facets of SEM and an understanding of industry direction and trends
Understanding of web design as it pertains to optimizing landing pages specifically for PPC
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly and to tight deadlines
THIS SEARCH IS NOW CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)