SACRAMENTO, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Lumens Light + Living in their search for a Director of Marketing. Lumens Light + Living is a rapidly growing, multi-channel retailer of lighting products for home and business based in Sacramento, CA.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for building brand awareness, preference and loyalty through the use of offline marketing channels including public relations, print advertising, direct mail, product placement, catalogs and event marketing. This position has overall company responsibility for managing marketing budgets.
All online marketing activities (SEM, SEO, Affiliate, PPC, and Social Media) report to the Director of Ecommerce. The Director’s of Marketing and Ecommerce work closely together. This position reports to the CEO.
- Establishes overall Lumens brand messaging and oversees its application across all points of customer communication.
- Coordinates with Ecommerce and Merchandising to assure that Web messaging and promotional programs provide a consistent image and brand position.
- Establishes an overall advertising program to reach consumer and trade audiences.
- Responsible for establishing campaign concepts, and executing photography, production and placement.
- Negotiates media rates and programs with print media.
- Coordinates with the Director of Merchandising to establish annual coop advertising contributions from vendors and manufacturers.
- Manages required vendor approvals for eligible advertising.
- Tracks spending and oversees billing and credits.
- Establishes an overall program to grow enrollment and revenue from trade segment (architects, designers, builders, and electrical contractors.)
- Establishes competitive requirements for program and develops program features and benefits to maintain “best of class” capabilities.
- Establishes and manages a Trade Show marketing program.
- Manages Lumens catalog program including overall concept and execution, mailing schedule, and budget.
- Evaluates mailing list strategy and measures performance by segment
- Works with Director of Merchandising to solicit vendor participation and establish co-op terms.
- Establishes and maintains an overall Publicity and Public Relations programs to build Lumens brand awareness and product mentions across all editorial media.
- Evaluates and manages requests for product samples and placement.
- Establishes a list of product and style editorial contacts and solicits product mentions in appropriate media outlets.
- Evaluates and coordinates opportunities for event participation including Designer Show Houses, Conferences, and other events.
- Coordinates product participation requests for vendors and manufacturers.
- Establishes an overall branding program for Lumens including customer communication, fulfillment materials such as packing slips and packaging and other materials.
- Develops and oversees production of required collateral materials such as brochures, fulfillment materials, and other printed materials
- Responsible for selection, evaluation and management of outside advertising, creative, direct marketing, and catalog agencies as required.
- Identifies and manages mail house, printers, and other outside production resources.
- Establishes, manages, and evaluation of all customer satisfaction programs including outside services such as Bizrate and internal customer satisfaction survey programs.
- Completes periodic analysis of customer feedback and presents to management team.
- Identifies customer satisfaction issues and proposes enhancements to improve satisfaction.
- Provides overall management of marketing budget.
- Completes an annual marketing budget within business model guidelines.
- Measures overall marketing performance and return on marketing spend.
- Hires and manages direct reports.
- BS or BA Degree in Communication, Marketing or Business
- 10 years of progressive experience in retail marketing management
- 5 years experience in ecommerce
- Relevant consumer advertising and brand-building experience
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)