TYSONS CORNER, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with CustomInk.com in their search for a talented User Experience Designer to join their Online Experience team based in Tysons Corner, VA. CustomInk.com is an innovative ecommerce website that enables people to design and order custom t-shirts and other products for their groups, events, gifts and self-expression.
With over ten years of operating history, 300 team members, and $70 million in annual revenue, CustomInk.com is a profitable, dynamic, and forward-thinking company. Since 2005, CustomInk.com has been listed as one of Washingtonian Magazine’s “Great Places to Work” in the DC area and appears at #188 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list.
- Turn conceptual product and feature ideas into valuable and useful experiences for users
- Design and test prototypes of new site experiences with users through small-scale usability tests and live on-site experiments
- Incorporate feedback from user testing, site analytics, group critiques and other sources to continually improve designs
- Lead the development of personas, user flows and scenarios, goal/task analyses, and other key tools of user-centered design
- Contribute to product vision and strategic decisions in collaboration with other team members and stakeholders
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, visual designers, and other Inkers to ensure a user-focused approach from concept through launch
Measures of Success:
The key measures of success for this position are:
- Delivering smart, elegant flows and experiences that meet user needs and achieve business results
- Effective collaboration with other team members throughout the project lifecycle, including presenting designs and communicating the rationale behind them
- Articulating key insights about users that shape the design process
The User Experience Designer loves delighting customers, and collaboratively solving complicated business and interaction challenges. Candidates should also have:
- A strong portfolio (urls preferred) featuring interaction design work
- Ability to move fluidly from thinking about high-level product strategy down to low-level details (and everything in-between!)
- Great understanding of design heuristics and techniques of user-centered design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Ability to leverage technology to create innovative experiences and adapt designs to consider technical limitations
- Excellent knowledge of design tools like Visio/Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, and similar
- Ability to develop working prototypes (either in working code or in tools like Axure or PowerPoint) is also strongly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Factors, Design, Computer Science or a related field
- Prior experience in a consumer online service, retail or other e-commerce industry is highly desirable
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)