TYSONS CORNER, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with CustomInk.com in their search for a talented, customer-focused Product Manager to join their Online Experience team based in Tysons Corner, VA. CustomInk.com is an innovative ecommerce website that enables people to design and order custom t-shirts and other products for their groups, events, gifts and self-expression.
With over ten years of operating history, 300 team members, and $70 million in annual revenue, CustomInk.com is a profitable, dynamic, and forward-thinking company. Since 2005, CustomInk.com has been listed as one of Washingtonian Magazine’s “Great Places to Work” in the DC area and appears at #188 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list.
The Product Manager will be heavily involved in customer research activities including market research, usability testing, live on-site experiments, and analysis of site analytics. The Product Manager will also play the role of product owner in an agile development process working on a daily basis with user experience designers, visual designers, and software engineers to make strategic and tactical decisions about product functionality, balancing appropriate tradeoffs between business goals, user goals, scalability/maintainability, time-to-market, and process efficiency.
Communicate the vision and plan a roadmap across CustomInk and soliciting and synthesizing feedback from across the organization.
As a member of a small, nimble team the Product Manager should also expect to function as an individual contributor from time to time on selected projects by performing user research, user experience design, quality assurance, or other such work to ensure that all aspects of the development process are covered as needed.
Receive ongoing guidance and support from the Director of Product Management, Online Experience and work closely with many other members of the E-commerce Team and other stakeholders across CustomInk.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
The key measures of success for this position are:
- Development of roadmaps, project plans, and requirements that meet overall strategic goals with innovative, achievable solutions
- Successful delivery of online experiences that increase conversion rates, order volume, and customer satisfaction
- Effective communication and coordination among team members and key stakeholders across CustomInk
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Product Manager must have a passion for great customer experiences and empathize with users’ goals and challenges, demonstrating good instincts about consumer behavior and business dynamics. Additionally, a successful candidate will have:
- Practical knowledge of product management practices including roadmap development, concept validation, requirements definition, and feature prioritization
- Ability to motivate teams and facilitate action, especially within a highly-collaborative and non-hierarchical environment
- Keen attention to detail and good judgment for when something is “customer-ready”
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Basic project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Facility with statistics/data analysis with an ability to visualize customer behavior through metrics
- Working knowledge of current practices in user-centered design and web technology
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in a product development role of a software-based product (ideally web-based)
- Track record of envisioning solutions to meet customer and business goals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and understand strategy and to inform and make strategic tradeoffs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in a consumer online service, retail or other e-commerce industry is highly desirable
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)