MANCHESTER, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with VermontCountryStore.com in their search for an Ecommerce Merchandiser to be based in scenic Manchester, VT. If you are unfamiliar with VCS, check out this video …
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The E-Commerce Merchandiser is responsible for meeting planned sales and gross margin goals for their designated areas of merchandise sold online. The role entails increasing online conversion through online analytics, user experience, and on- and off-site merchandising and increasing attachment rate by improving cross-sells and other cross merchandising opportunities. The position is responsible for meeting the sales and margin plan within their respective categories online and for managing expenses.
The position interacts with the Product/Buying Teams, Inventory Management team, Online Marketing team, and E-Commerce Operational team to significantly improve the profitability and maximize revenue online.
- Develop and execute the seasonal promotional plan
- Understand and report on the visual merchandising and marketing levers and utilize this knowledge to execute the seasonal plan
- Understand and report on the effectiveness of your merchandising real estate
- Monitor performance of your categories on a daily and hourly basis
- Ensure the sales and margin are in line with expectations and that errors are not occurring
- Understand the drivers of good and bad performance
- Follow up on projects assigned by the Merchandise Supervisor
- Follow through to execution, check for accuracy and confirm completion
- Maintain timeliness in the visual merchandising and marketing processes
- Ensure that all merchandising, marketing and promotion deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain solid relationships throughout the company
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university or 4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of related experience, preferably within Retail, and/or Ecommerce Merchandising
- Prior e-commerce experience is desirable
- Experience with ATG is desired
- Experience with Omniture and/or Google Analytics is critical
- Strong product and analytical skills
- Relationship building skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills
- Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs.
- Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)