ATLANTA, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Teavana in their search for a Web Developer based in Atlanta, GA. Teavana is a specialty retailer of premium loose-leaf tea and tea accessories located primarily in high-end malls in the United States and Mexico. Check out this video to learn more about the “only place in America where you can get a decent cup of tea …”
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Teavana was founded In Atlanta in 1997 to sell loose-leaf tea and tea related merchandise. In 2004, the company got backing from Parallel Investment Partners to accelerate its growth, and between 2006 and 2010 it more than tripled its stores from 47 to 146, and its sales soared from $33.8 million $124.7 million.
Currently, the company operates 161 company-owned stores in 35 states and 19 franchised stores, primarily in Mexico. In September the company went public, and according to its recent IPO filings, Teavana’s average order value is $36. Teavana believes that the opportunity exists to expand to at least 500 stores, in addition to growing its ecommerce business.
In 2010, online sales represented 7% of sales, and the company says that ecommerce will generate at least 10% of sales in the future. By my math, if each store currently generates $742,263 in sales and the company grows to 500 stores, then Teavana’s revenues will swell to $371 million. At 10% of sales, you’ve got a $37 million ecommerce business to support the stores through email marketing, store locators, a mobile app, social media, online video, and more.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Ability to implement designs using pure CSS layouts.
- Implementing new customer facing features within legacy applications.
- Must be able to create/update stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- 5+ years of C#/Asp.Net development experience
- 3+ years of object-oriented design and programming experience
- 3+ years of SQL Server experience. Must be able to read & write complex queries, views, and procedures in a high transaction system.
- Strong understanding of MVC frameworks (preferable Asp.Net MVC)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or above
- Microsoft IIS 6 or above
- ORM (NHibernate, Entity Framework (EF), etc)
- Unit testing tools (NUnit, XUnit, Moq, Rhino Mocks, etc)
- Source control (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Understanding software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Understanding of N-Tier architectures
- Experience with Ecometry
- Retail industry experience
- Knowledge of SEO application architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/experiences
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)