ATLANTA, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Teavana in their search for a Front-end Developer based in Atlanta, GA. Teavana is a specialty retailer of premium loose-leaf tea and tea accessories located primarily in high-end malls in the United States and Mexico. Check out this video to learn more about the “only place in America where you can get a decent cup of tea …”
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Teavana was founded In Atlanta in 1997 to sell loose-leaf tea and tea related merchandise. In 2004, the company got backing from Parallel Investment Partners to accelerate its growth, and between 2006 and 2010 it more than tripled its stores from 47 to 146, and its sales soared from $33.8 million $124.7 million.
Currently, the company operates 161 company-owned stores in 35 states and 19 franchised stores, primarily in Mexico. In September Teavana went public, and according to its recent IPO filings, Teavana’s average order value is $36. Teavana believes that the opportunity exists to expand to at least 500 stores, in addition to growing its ecommerce business.
In 2010, online sales represented 7% of sales, and the company says that ecommerce will generate at least 10% of sales in the future. By my math, if each store currently generates $742,263 in sales and the company grows to 500 stores, then Teavana’s revenues will swell to $371 million. At 10% of sales, you’ve got a $37 million ecommerce business to support the stores through email marketing, store locators, a mobile app, social media, online video, and more.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Ability to implement designs using pure CSS layouts.
- Ability to create custom Facebook applications
- Implementing new customer facing features within legacy applications.
- Must be able to create/update stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- 3+ years of C#/Asp.Net development experience
- Strong understanding of MVC frameworks (preferable Asp.Net MVC)
- Knowledge of Facebook API and development libraries
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft IIS 6 or above
- Source control (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Understanding software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Understanding of N-Tier architectures
- Experience with Ecometry
- Retail industry experience
- Experience with Silverlight
- Knowledge of SEO application architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/experiences
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)