NEW YORK, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with our friends at Demandware in their search for an Ecommere Strategist based in New York, NY. You might remember the search we did for them last year. Demandware Is a trusted, global leader in on-demand e-commerce. Tons of our clients use them because of the way Demandware allows businesses to deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers. Nice people. Great reputation, plus a product that works.
Here’s the lowdown on this job …
The successful candidate will use their extensive B2C ecommerce experience in the areas of demand generation, demand optimization, merchandising, best practices, usability, operation, organizational design and development to drive Demandware’s customers’ top-line sales and overall satisfaction.
As a member of the Retail Practice, each Ecommerce Strategist will take ownership of all aspects of account management for a portfolio of assigned accounts. The Ecommerce Strategist duties, in addition to driving top-line sales growth of our customers’ ecommerce businesses, will include but are not limited to:
- Maximizing the subscription value (Demandware’s revenue) by consulting, advising and strategizing innovation within the customers’ businesses
- Ensuring ongoing adoption by the customers’ website(s) of the continuously innovating the Demandware feature set
- Taking ownership of all direct communication and escalations related to the scope of services provided by Demandware to the customer
- Maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction possible
One of the things that’s remarkable about Demandware’s team is how business-oriented they are. These people know direct to consumer e-commerce all the way up and down the value chain. Members of the Retail Practice Group are expected to possess knowledge and expertise in many of the following business functions and/or concepts:
- Online marketing, including CPC and CPA programs
- SEO and SEM
- Email marketing
- Cross channel marketing and integration
- Merchandising and planning
- Content management
- Analytics and ecommerce KPIs (key performance indicators)
- SaaS software and business models
- User experience design and usability
- Information and integration architecture
- Order management, payment process and fraud
- Fulfillment and logistics (including customer service)
- Significant ecommerce (retail) acumen
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency working in team/matrix organizations
- Success working in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
- A high tolerance for ambiguity as well as flexibility and adaptability
- Comfort with an unpredictable workload and potential travel (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Extra Credit: Knowledge of (or experience with) SDLC (software development life cycle)
Basically, this is everything but the kitchen sink. And you’ll need it too, working closely with Demandware’s multichannel e-commerce clients.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be to sure email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)