Miami, FL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Navarro Discount Pharmacies in their search for a Director of Ecommerce, in Miami, FL. Take a look at this great video …
HARRY’S COMMENTS:The reality is, in my line of work some searches are significantly more challenging than others. This search for Navarro Discount Pharmacies in Miami promises to be challenging for four reasons…
- The new hire must speak Spanish.
- The new hire must relocate to Miami.
- The new hire must understand how to lead a successful multichannel e-commerce initiative. And,…
- It is always a challenge to launch a search during the holiday season.
Having said that, this is a fantastic opportunity for a bilingual rising star in this industry. Credit goes to Navarro for having engaged ecommerce consultant Sally McKenzie to help them assess their ecommerce needs. Sally is among America’s brightest ecommerce consultants, and she has done a fantastic job of helping the client set realistically aggressive expectations for this business.
ABOUT NAVARRO: Navarro operates 28 drugstores in South Florida, where it caters to Miami’s Cuban population. Its stores, which average ~20,000 square feet, enjoy an 18% market share, ahead of its larger rivals Walgreen and CVS.
In addition to its Hispanic oriented pharmacy business, Navarro has very solid offerings in Fragrances; Over-the-counter remedies; Vitamins and supplements; Beauty aids; Small appliances; Household cleaners; Baby items; and Convenience oriented foods. It’s a fantastic foundation on which to build a thriving ecommerce business.
Currently, the US drugstore industry includes approximately 43,000 stores with a combined revenue of approximately $225 billion. The industry is highly concentrated, with the 50 largest companies generating nearly 75% of revenue. Without going into the economics of the entire industry, smaller pharmacies can thrive by nitching their business to certain demographics, both at home and abroad.
Domestically, the U.S. Hispanic market is incredibly hot, and it’s growing like a weed: As of 2010, Florida’s Hispanic population was 4.22 million, or 22.5% of the state’s total population, up 57% from prior census estimates in 2000. Florida ranks third, behind California and Texas, where doctors and staff are required to speak basic Spanish — and all healthcare signs, disclosures, and forms are often printed in both English and Spanish. Nationally, the 2010 Hispanic population was 50.4 million, or 16.3% of the total U.S. population, up 43% from prior census estimates in 2000.
Internationally, the company operates Navarro Wholesale and Export, which features a 300,000 square foot facility that is stocked with over 30,000 different SKU’s of both national and private label brands. Having spent part of my own professional career working for a container shipping company in San Juan, Puerto Rico, I can personally attest to the briskness of US/Caribbean trade. The volume of mixed container loads is significant and growing.
ABOUT THE ROLE: What’s tricky about this search is that Navarro requires a business-oriented ecommerce executive who can develop its online retail, and then run it profitably.
The development piece will involve integrating the company’s legacy systems to its website. Ecommerce technology integrations can be challenging, and executing them in a bilingual operating environment is even more so. It is not necessary for the ideal candidate to be an expert in ecommerce technology, but a solid grasp of project management fundamentals is advised. Again, fluency in Spanish is a must.
Additionally, specific day-to-day responsibilities will include oversight for overall online sales, site design and maintenance, online marketing and merchandising strategies, order fulfillment, affiliate relationships, new program development and enhancements and customer service. You can see the rest of the job description below.
There are quite a few moving parts to this position. Frankly, it’s a heckuva lot to bake into a Manager-level role. However, that’s precisely why the right candidate should consider applying for the job. In five years, you will have been a driving force behind one of the coolest success stories in our industry.
Remember that the three things I tell my candidates to consider before applying for a job are…
- What EXACTLY is the job?
- Is the job DOABLE?
- Are YOU the right person for the job?
If you can’t answer any one of these questions, then you reject the opportunity.
This is an incredibly high-growth, high visibility role, and the job itself is quite DOABLE assuming the you have a cultural sensitivity to the Hispanic market, along with fluency in the language. Without a doubt, you can count on a ton of personal and professional growth from any job that combines ecommerce, healthcare, the Hispanic demographic, plus mobile commerce and international trade.
Seriously, does it get any more growth oriented than that?
If you are an incredibly business-oriented, Spanish-speaking e-commerce executive with at least 5 years of multichannel ecommerce experience, I would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines…
The key objective of the position is to develop and manage the B2C e-commerce initiative at Navarro Discount Pharmacies. This includes the integration of the company’s systems to the website and executing the E-Commerce strategy within the business. Additionally, specific day-to-day responsibilities include oversight for overall sales, site design and development, online marketing and merchandising strategies, order fulfillment, affiliate relationships, new program development and enhancements and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the execution of all online marketing programs and initiatives to drive sales and profits including: SEM, SEO, PPC, display and banner advertising, affiliate marketing, social media,redirect, email marketing and other related online marketing strategies and tactics.
- Manage various product data feeds including Google and Amazon.
- Supervise and manage a 5-member team of warehouse support and customer care staff.
- Develop and oversee the customers‚ experience on www.navarro.com to increase customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Define and lead the execution of monthly online website and email marketing promotional merchandise efforts.
- Integrate online marketing and promotional efforts with the traditional brick and mortar marketing and promotional efforts offered by Navarro Discount Pharmacies.
- Negotiate and manage vendor partnerships and contractual agreements.
- Perform regular competitor analysis and present findings and recommendations to the Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Merchandising.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expense budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and present staff performance appraisals and development plans.
- Prepare and perform promotional marketing and training presentations related to the site.
- Partner with marketing department staff to execute a social media strategy.
- Coordinate and execute appropriate platform and software releases and updates.
- Collaborate with IT management staff to develop and manage architecture and site infrastructure.
- Bachelor degree in e-commerce, sales, marketing or similar concentration.
- 5+ years relevant experience managing an online store or corporate e-commerce initiative including ROI and P&L responsibility.
- Significant experience in e-commerce marketing initiatives including SEM, SEO, PPC, affiliate marketing, social media, email marketing, display and banner ads, redirect and other related online marketing strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Google Analytics to increase website traffic and overall marketing effectiveness.
- Significant experience with PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and related online payment processors.
- Strategic planning and multi-channel marketing experience.
- Social media experience.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)