LONG BEACH, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with LD Products in their search for a PHP Senior Developer based in Long Beach, CA.
LD Products is a privately owned e-commerce retailer based in Long Beach, CA and have been in business for a little over 12 years. They have 100+ employees at the Long Beach location and another 10 abroad. LD Products is among the 250 largest e-commerce companies and one of the top 10 fastest growing e-commerce companies in the US, and sits at #213 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The LD Products engineering team consists of 4 developers currently who work primarily in a LAMP environment. Current and future projects cover the full gamut of PHP and e-Commerce development. From evaluating new technologies to scale the present infrastructure, to re-building the backend solutions for maximum flexibility, the engineering team does it all.
The perfect candidate will:
- Have 5+ years working as a developer, with minimum 2+ on LAMP stack.
- Involved in full life cycle development process
- Interface with clients, gather requirements, coding and development, support and maintenance
- Work with a team of five developers
- Develop web based CRM, online publishing, e-commerce and content management applications
- Work on multi-platform suite of sites in a fast paced environment – develop products in the internet, digital media and mobile space
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 5 years+ in MySQL
- 3 years+ using source control systems : SVN or Mercurial
- Strong understanding and ability to apply OOP concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience with any e-Commerce applications : Magento, osCommerce, Websphere, Zen-Cart, Amazon APIs
- Experience with web technologies : Yahoo UI libraries, Memcached, Reddit, Hadoop, CDN (Akamai or Limelight), JSON, Ajax libraries, Eclipse
- Exposure to infrastructure : Linux, VM, Cloud servers
- Exposure to bug tracking systems : Bugzilla, Mantis,
- Exposure to Internet specific issues : e-mail deliverability, SEO, cookies, web sniffers, Firebug, search algorithms
- Past experience dealing with browser specific issues
- Must be self-starter. Once a system is running locally in the development environment, the Senior PHP Developer should be able to figure out how all processes work.
- Team player. Past work with scrum/agile teams a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have worked on teams of 4 members or larger.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1370 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)