PITTSBURGH, PA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Dick's Sporting Goods in their search for an Ecommerce Senior Analyst based in Pittsburgh, PA. Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Senior eCommerce Analyst leads the effort to understand how visitors use the Dick's Sporting Goods' ecommerce channel to online and in-store volume as well as recommending steps to further develop ecommerce business.
This role is critical to reaching ecommerce objectives and supporting one of the company flywheels. Furthermore, the role requires the ability to translate complex and sometimes conflicting business needs into report and data design requirements. After the report has been developed, the individual will translate the data back to the business team by highlighting the key messages. The successful candidate will be able to present data that both supports and conflicts internal opinions, including:
- Data collection
- Analysis and presentation development
- Maintain reporting streams that provide visibility into ecommerce performance compared to objectives, such as improvements in content, profitability and multi-channel integration.
- Design and distill data into actionable insights.
- Present key findings to senior management and peers, either through verbal or written communication.
- Maintain a composed and appropriate professional demeanor when sharing results above and below expectations.
- Lead and manage the efforts to produce new reporting streams and in-depth ad hoc analysis.
- Responsibilities would include collaborating on project timelines, updating the project team through constant and effective communication, highlighting risks and ensuring delivery fulfills client requirements.
Subject Matter Expert
- Gain the recognition within and outside the ecommerce team as a subject matter expert.
- Become the go-to person for areas of responisibility, who's opinion is valued and needed before making decisions.
- Develop a shadow of influence, built upon a thorough understanding of website performance, that steers internal opinion based upon facts. These influential efforts may accelerate the timing on a path that has already been started, conflict internal consensus, or ignite new thoughts that had not previously been considered. The discussions may occur within the ecommerce channel alone or within the more complex, integrated store & web channels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Economics, or Finance
- Ability to build relationships across departments, including skillfully communicating between business and technology partners
- Lead cross-functional teams & manage detailed processes
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Web Analytics, Web Technology, Business Intelligence Tools, and Visual Basic experience
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1361 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.