PITTSBURGH, PA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Dick’s Sporting Goods in their search for a Director of Site Merchandising based in Pittsburgh, PA. Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Director of Site Merchandising will:
- Be responsible for directing the development and management of the visual onsite merchandising strategy for dickssportinggoods.com.
- Deliver a world class shopping and navigation experience, as well as an integrated and consistent cross channel presentation with Bricks and Mortar + Mobile.
- Manage and develop team of site merchandisers and content coordinators and are responsible for product set up, content acquisition and onsite merchandising of 6 core departments: Footwear, Apparel, Golf, Lodge, Team Sports, Accessories/LicensedReview.
- Work to optimize monthly merchandising plans by department: including category page presentation, taxonomy and site navigation set up, content development and acquisition, email marketing, SEM keyword marketing, SEO optimization and promotional strategy.
- Manage web KPI’s by department: category visits, product pageviews, add to cart metrics, category conversion, left our site, AOV, abandoned cartCreate and execute website content strategy to drive conversion: images, copy, tech specs, buying guides, product reviews, video, expert articles, etc.
- Partner with buying and planning team leads to develop and manage a P&L by division + execute seasonal sales and marketing plans
- Make recommendations to product team on website innovations to drive website conversion.
- Analyze, forecast, and interpret market and consumer trends.
- Establish advertising and coop strategy by department with buying team.
- Manage vendor relations, vendor compliance and partnership development.
- Develop website merchandising strategy
- Develop and manage the visual onsite merchandising strategy for Dickssportinggoods.com.
- Deliver a world class shopping, content and navigation experience, as well as an integrated and consistent cross channel presentation with Bricks and Mortar + Mobile.
- Work with buying and planning team to create seasonal sales and marketing plans for ecommerce business
- Execute onsite merchandising strategy
- Manage and develop team of site merchandisers and content coordinators responsible for product set up, content acquisition and onsite merchandising of our 6 core departments to drive sales, conversion and repeat-buying: Footwear, Apparel, Golf, Lodge, Team Sports, Accessories/Licensed
- Review and optimize monthly merchandising plans by division including category page presentation, taxonomy and site navigation set up, content development and acquisition, email marketing, SEM keyword marketing, SEO optimization and promotional strategy
- Create and execute website content strategy division, including images, copy, tech specs, buying guides, product reviews, video, expert articles, etc.
- Make recommendations to product team on website innovations to drive website conversion
- Analyze and Report on performance:
- Manage P&L by division with the buying and planning teams – report on sales, margin and EBT
- Manage website KPI’s by division: visits, conversion, exit rate, AOV, abandon cart
- Experience working with buying and planning organizations, and leading website merchandising for an online retailer.
- Experience leading and developing merchandising and content teams.
- Experience setting and managing to sales and margin goals, as well as analyzing website metrics and optimizing your merchandising plan to drive sales.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working with content management systems to update website pages.
- Proficiency in Omniture, Word, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Power Point. Photoshop knowledge is a plus.
- Skilled in researching, reviewing and communicating results in non-technical terms to a variety of audiences
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management and analytical/problem solving skills are required, along with a high degree of flexibility.
- Self starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and creativity
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1362 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.