NEW YORK, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Steiner Leisure, owner of Bliss, in their search for a Website Usability Manager.
Bliss is a multi-channel spa and retail product company founded in 1996 and headquartered in Downtown New York. The company retails its own line of bath, body and skincare products through its Bliss catalog, website, Bliss spa stores and at international luxury retailers including Bloomingdale’s, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Selfridges and Sephora.
Bliss spa was founded by Marcia Kilgore, a Saskatchewan, Canada native who moved to Manhattan in 1987 to attend Columbia University. During college, she became a personal trainer to make money. Soon after she decided to take a course in skincare, largely because she had personally suffered from acne since her preteen years.
Inspired by her classes, Ms. Kilgore began giving facials to her friends out of her East Village apartment. She opened her first single-room office in New York’s Soho district in 1991, followed by the opening of a three-room mini-spa called Let’s Face It! in June 1993. To accommodate increasing demand, Kilgore opened the first Bliss Spa in SoHo in July 1996.
Located at the Bliss Headquarters between the trendy neighborhoods of SoHo, West Village, and Tribeca, the Website Usability Manager will be responsible for the testing, operation, and ongoing development of Steiner Leisure’s ecommerce websites, timetospa.com and blissworld.com.
This detail oriented person will work in an exciting, fast pace environment and will have the rewarding tasks of making both websites highly user friendly, streamlined, and optimized to maximize sales.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
Working alongside marketing, IT and developers, this position is crucial to the success of the Steiner Leisure ecommerce websites, timetospa.com and blissworld.com. This is a multi-faceted role, where the perfect candidate will be responsible for the website maintenance, troubleshooting, and quality assurance testing.
This person will be responsible for gathering and filtering submitted issues for investigation as well as planning and queuing new development projects.
In addition, this person will proactively be planning website testing strategies, and optimizing the sites’ conversion rates, and maximizing Company presence on external shopping engines (Amazon, the find, eBay, Facebook, etc).
The perfect person for this position works well with others, will have had experience with ecommerce websites, can multi-task, understands website and ecommerce concepts, and has a can-do attitude.
This person will not only identify problems, but will also contribute to its solution. Working in a highly dynamic and constantly changing environment, this person will need to be highly organized and detail oriented while understanding the big picture as well as the smallest details.
- Deliver a first class user experience to all site visitors
- Maintain and ensure the operation of timetospa.com and blissworld.com
- Responsible for regular Quality Assurance and User Acceptance testing for both websites.
- Responsible for organizing and testing all developmental modifications to Steiner eCommerce Sites
- Schedule and manage New Development Projects
- Analyze sites to determine areas of improvement
- Perform AB testing to optimize sites’ layouts and promotional strategies.
- Ability to suggest and implement changes in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Troubleshoot potential problem areas of the site.
- Communicate with developers , IT and eCommerce staff about any modifications and issues.
- Responsible for optimizing conversion rates, increasing average cart amounts, and enhancing the customer experience.
- Develop and implement testing strategies.
- Responsible for the successful maintenance of Comparative Shopping Engine and storefronts. (Amazon Feeds, etc)
- Knowledgeable of the latest online trends.
- 5+ years in eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong understanding of ecommerce websites: the architecture, best practices, design, and maintenance.
- Website usability and user journey experience is a STRONG plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, java, etc is a plus, but not required. Basic knowledge is highly desired.
- Detail Oriented.
- Pleasant can-do attitude
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work with peers and vendors to accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- History extracting metrics and analytics from both in-house reporting tools as well as Google analytics, Omniture, or like program.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1340 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.