WOODSTOCK, CT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Crabtree & Evelyn in their search for an Ecommerce Manager based in Woodstock, CT (sandwiched between Hartford, CT & Providence, RI). Crabtree & Evelyn has evolved from a small, family-run business – specializing in fine soaps from around the world – to an international company, well known and respected for its original fragrances, luxurious toiletries, gourmet foods – and gifts for those who enjoy a sophisticated lifestyle.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The E-Commerce Manager is a critical member of the ecommerce marketing team, helping to drive and develop the company’s US e-commerce channel. This position requires a highly collaborative retail ecommerce expert who feels comfortable in a fast-paced, lean, results focused entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal person will achieve business results by executing against goals and objectives through actions and strategies instituted while applying resources to achieve the maximum return on investment.
- Executes and communicates the e-commerce sales and marketing strategy and consistently helps others to retain focus on goals and objectives.
- Establishes a strong relationship across the organization to support the achievement of business goals.
- Understands and can communicate effectively with technical, product and creative resources.
- Shares accountability for traffic, conversion, ROI, and eCommerce KPI’s.
- Assorts product updates through CMS including products, promotions and pricing updates.
- Monitors sales performance. Recommends and implements strategies to achieve sales forecast by working closely with teams within the organization and third party agencies. Areas of focus include:
- Online marketing including search, advertising and affiliate
- Plans email marketing campaign programming and responsible for email collateral process within eCommerce group
- Contribute to online customer acquisition strategy and execute against that strategy
- Merchandising – plans and communicates monthly site refreshes based on global themes, new product set up in content management tool
- Promotional calendar management
- Site analytics and analysis
- Provides assistance and advice related to search engine optimization for site content and planning.
- Works with creative team to launch, edit and deploy site creative updates. Assist with launching new products and site content.
- In conjunction with the Director and affiliate marketing partner, develops acquisition strategies.
- Develops and maintains multiple campaign timelines simultaneously.
- Maintains non-product pages including customer service, shipping/returns, help/FAQ’s, retail locator.
- Codes emails in HTML.
- Manages and maintains social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) based on social media calendar and strategy.
- Monitors key social media trends, keep abreast of latest developments, and recommend appropriate actions to continuously evolve the program and keep it fresh.
- Assesses the effectiveness of all social media and communication efforts through tracking, analyzing and presenting meaningful measurements for both marketing and non-marketing audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant retail ecommerce experience
- Business Planning & Results
- Brand & Market Focus
- Leadership & Talent Management
- Influence, Communication & Presentation
- Negotiation & Decision Making
- Financial Management
Measurements for Success:
- Sales revenue
Supervisory Responsibilities: Management of outside resources and collaboration with internal departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related field and 5+ years’ experience in online marketing and ecommerce, including site merchandising and feature enhancement, promotional calendar management, consumer response/database, and social networking, with a minimum of one year experience in an online retail environment.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for interface, usability and e-commerce development lifecycle; knowledge of search engine optimization techniques; strong strategic and problem solving skills; above average analytical abilities, budget/ROI management skills and project management skills; ability to work effectively and creatively within a team environment as well as independently.
Computer Skills: High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1336 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.