PARSIPPANY, NJ – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Reckitt Benckiser in their search for an Etailing Marketing Manager to lead their ecommerce business. Reckitt Benckiser is a global success story: a world leader in the global household, health and personal care sectors. The RB is listed on the UK stock exchange and is a FTSE top 25 company.
The Reckitt Benckiser business is built around “Powerbrands” — big-name brands like Finish, Vanish, Durex, Dettol, Lysol, Harpic, Mortein, Gaviscon, Scholl and Veet that aim to achieve global market leadership. Through them, RB has become No.1 and No. 2 in the vast majority of markets and categories in which they compete.
RB operates in over 60 countries, while their brands are sold in almost 200. Globally, RB sold 20 million products a day in 2010. The Etailing Marketing Manager will have P&L responsibility and will work with the entire RB portfolio of brands. Like so …
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We have worked with RB before and we find them to be exceptionally bright. Very entrepreneurial. Hard charging. Business oriented. The kind of CPG company in which Warren Buffett has successfully invested many times.
You are familiar with RB’s brands, and you have many of these brands in your home. RB is a world-class branded manufacturer that seeks to dramatically increase its sales through channels like Target.com, Walmart.com, Amazon.com, and so forth. It’s ecommerce, but not in the way you have traditionally seen it on this site. RB is not out to become and Internet Retailer Top 500 company, exactly. However, within three years it’s a very safe bet that these guys will be doing 70-100 million dollars online. And YOU could be the reason.
If you get this job, you will be responsible for 1.) making sure that RB signs up new retailers; 2.) visiting current etailers to make sure that they are maximizing RB’s online “shelf space;” 3.) and working with RB’s branding teams to gain adequate support for RB’s ecommerce programs. Imagine visiting Amazon.com about a French’s mustard contest that drives visitors from Facebook to a branded page on Amazon. Or imagine working with Walmart.com on a promotion that drives customers from a French’s microsite to a special RB-branded section in Walmart.com’s site. You’ll learn brand management from the best CPG execs in the world — and you’ll get to add your own creative ecommerce twist.
It’s a unique job, but it’s one that you will be seeing more of in the future. Think of it as a cross between National Account management and transactional ecommerce. Kick butt in this job for three years and then apply to Harvard Business School. That’s what I’d do …
- Set sales targets and ensure the execution of ecommerce plans to deliver market share, Net Revenue, Gross Margin and Product Contribution targets within timescales and budget.
- Develop marketing strategies. The Etailing Marketing Manager is directly responsible for leading the development and execution of the ecommerce marketing strategy, in line with global brand/business strategy and the country commercial strategy.
- Lead the multifunctional ecommerce team, including sales, marketing, logistics, media, IT and partner agencies and be accountable for results.
- Own relationships with existing etailers as well as the direct to consumer business
- Execute ecommerce marketing plans.
- Be a savvy digital marketer able to quickly understand and leverage the dynamic technology to maximize the business.
- Take the lead in the management of complex and multi-functional projects as required/defined
- Managing multiple categories / brands in a highly competitive environment.
- Aligning Global strategy with country sales strategy
- Allocation of resources both financial and people behind value adding initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree educated from a US or international recognized university
- MBA a plus
- Career in leading CPG company a plus
- Digital marketer with minimum 5 + years experience
- Experience of working in a developed market
- Entrepreneurial and financially & commercially astute
- Ability to challenge the status quo and the ability to manage and deliver change
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to set challenging targets, lead, develop and motivate people
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what’s needed (Ownership)
- Team working skills (Team Spirit)
- Ability to work in a global environment
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1341 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.