EVANSVILLE, IN – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Shoe Carnival in their search for a Vice President of Ecommerce based in Evansville, IN. Shoe Carnival is one of the fastest growing and most exciting family footwear retailers in the country. Shoe Carnival, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a family footwear retailer in the United States. It offers dress, casual, and athletic footwear for men, women, and children through the retail stores.
The company also provides complementary accessories, such as handbags, wallets, shoe care items, and socks. As of February 3, 2007, it operated 271 stores in 24 states in the midwest, south, and southeast regions of the United States.
The newly created position of Vice President, E-Commerce, represents a tremendous opportunity to the right candidate to have a powerful impact at the strategic level with an exciting, growing, publicly-traded retailer. The VP, E-Commerce will have direct responsibility for Shoe Carnival's new E-Commerce business through strategic positioning of the company website and maximization of key third-party and internal relationships in support of the growth of this critical business segment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Envision, define, refine and manage the E-Commerce strategy, to include user experience, site search, web analytics, site functionality and features, social media, transaction processing, and information architecture.
- Develop and execute budgets for multiple cost centers in E-Commerce.
- Collaborate extensively and effectively throughout the organization with Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and IS to develop and support cross-company, multi-channel customer strategies that lead to increased market share across all product lines and consumer segments.
- Build, manage, and evaluate key relationships with third party vendors to ensure maximization of E-Commerce opportunities and timely issue resolution.
- Responsible for the overall online shopping experience. Develop customer insight initiatives and continuously adapt site to develop enhancements to the online customer experience through increased website functionality and optimization.
- Recruit, lead, coach, and develop members of the E-Commerce team.
- Continuously identify new growth vehicles and strategies to meet sales and profit expectations, to strengthen the brand, and to continuously improve the customer online experience.
- Develop and maintain key system performance indicators. Measure, analyze and report on performance of all related programs in support of E-Commerce business, and develop strategy to reach target performance goals.
- Monitor, track, and analyze site behavior through market analysis, competitive analysis and site analytics.
- Drive traffic to internet sites through, search engines, keywords, banner placements and other appropriate placements.
- Communicate frequently with Marketing and Creative to constantly improve appearance, content, and navigation throughout the website.
- Manage the copyrighting function to ensure proper detailed attribute descriptions, and legal representation of merchandise.
- Develop and manage a process for customer feedback including regular reporting to executive management.
- Display wide variety of merchandise to keep the web site well rounded. Add or remove product display from web-site spending on current and future inventory levels.
- Collaborate with Marketing for material used on website to promote consumer confidence and company credibility.
- Work closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist Marketing in building customer database for use in web sales promotion.
- Establish a strong web presence, to instill consumer confidence in all channels of distribution.
- Provide outstanding customer service through exceeding customer expectations, follow-up, added incentives for future purchases and referral bonuses.
- Build business by digital word of mouth marketing, consumer awareness, and promotions.
- Drive a product and focus within the E-commerce organization.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate and Email
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database.
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Work with the Marketing and Creative group to improve site performance visibility.
- Set, document, and uphold all department standards and procedures.
- Budget and Plan Revenue and Cost Centers to achieve EBITDA contribution
- Manage the development of the Web organization to meet Revenue objectives and recruitment of the team
- Assume full P/L responsibility and an ability to plan revenue, marketing and sales promotion consistent with the global strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, operations, computer science or information technology or related field, required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible E-Commerce, site operations, web technology and/or web product marketing experience with a highly successful medium to large retail organization or retail consulting organization.
- Must have proven, deep expertise in all aspects of E-Commerce technology, with a focus on implementing best practices and designing, selecting, implementing and evolving effective E-Commerce solutions in a fast-paced, high transaction, profitable retail environment.
- Strategic thinker with strong, practical, business management skills.
- Proven track record successfully managing and leading strategic, cross-functional initiatives, effectively managing multiple priorities, and meeting deadlines and managing resources with minimal direction.
- Proven understanding of information architecture and fundamentals, to include online retailing best practices and web technology applications.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate complex retail systems and operations with an understanding of bottom-line and top-line results.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, with a keen desire to work constructively in a true team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills required.
- Highly-developed leadership, team-building, project management, decision-making and business financial skills and knowledge.
- Proven passion about providing best-in-class customer service.
- Strong initiative and sense of urgency required.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1323 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.