RESTON, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
We are working with Simplexity (dba Wirefly.com) in their search for an EVP, Chief Marketing Officer based in Reston, VA. Wirefly is the #1 online retailer of cell phones with cell phone plans.
HARRY'S COMMENTS: Simplexity is one of America's largest marketers of cell phones and cell phone plans. They run two businesses: Wirefly.com which sells directly to consumers, and a private label business which manages the cell phone online retail businesses of their partners like RadioShack. Think of Simplexity as the Expedia of the cell phone business: They’re an aggregator of wireless products and plans, and their mission is to “simplify” the selection process for their customers. This $400 million company seeks a CMO to grow the business and improve its brand positioning in its target markets. Outstanding comp package.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
Responsible for strategy, execution & performance of SEO, Online Media, Affiliate, Web Analytics, and Creative design and user experience for WireFly.com. Manage the development and optimization of online marketing programs intended to drive traffic and sales to our customer portals. Work with our Sales Group in the creative, execution and performance of 3rd party website (examples: RadioShack, Dell, Target, etc) the wireless portion of such sites.
- Develop and execute a successful online marketing plan to optimize current programs, maximizing site traffic
- Create, execute and report on testing programs for optimization of all online programs
- Oversee the development of web analysis and reporting that will effectively measure and communicate online marketing program performance and ROI
- Partner with internal business groups to effectively execute business strategies
- Full P &L responsibilities for all corporate marketing efforts
- Drive traffic to internet sites through, search engines, keywords, banner placements and other appropriate placements.
- Communicate frequently with Marketing and Creative to constantly improve appearance, content, and navigation throughout the website.
- Manage the copyrighting function to ensure proper detailed attribute descriptions, and legal representation of merchandise.
- Hold regular meetings with Sales for updated information on merchandise, trends, availability of promotion
- Collaborate with Marketing for material used on website to promote consumer confidence and company credibility.
- Work closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Build business by digital word of mouth marketing, consumer awareness, and promotions.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate and Email
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database.
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Work with the Marketing and Creative group to improve site performance visibility.
- Set, document, and uphold all department standards and procedures.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications, MBA preferred.
- 6 to 8 years e-commerce online marketing experience.
- Strong experience with SEO, SEM, PPC,SEO and other online marketing efforts
- Collaborative work style.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record in bringing a blend of creativity, business acumen and passion to produce meaningful, sustained online marketing effort
- Established network of business and vendor relationships in E-commerce space
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1329 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.