DALLAS, TX – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Vitamin Research Products in their search for a Vice President of Ecommerce based in Plano, TX (just outside of Dallas). Vitamin Research Products® (VRP®) has a 31-year history of formulating nutritional supplements and a team of scientists with over 60 years of nutritional research and formulation experience.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: VRP.com is another portfolio company of VC firm, Castanea Partners, in Boston. I have written quite a bit about Castanea and their ability to identify and align with the brightest retail marketing minds in America, and VRP is no exception. Fantastic people are involved in this deal — including this rock star. VRP operates three supplement sites with a combined $12.5 million in online sales. However, the vitamin supplement business is a $26 billion market, with the internet channel being $1.2 billion of that, and growing at 33% per year. I cannot disclose here what their goals are — but let’s just say that as VP of Ecommerce, you’ll be expected (realistically) to vault this business into the IR-200.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The VP of Ecommerce will provide strategic direction and P&L responsibility for the company’s websites, www.vrp.com; www.truehealth.com; and www.healthresources.net. The position is accountable for achieving company objectives in regard to sales, expenses, and profitability. This position reports to the company’s President.
The VP of Ecommerce, will be responsible for the following:
- Drive qualified traffic to the site through SEO, SEM, Affiliate marketing, Email marketing, CSE, and Display advertising, and Retargeting.
- Develop concepts, strategies, policies and procedures to improve each website’s user experience, average order value, and conversion rate.
- Partner with other functional areas in strategic development, planning, coordination, and execution of ecommerce activities/projects.
- Oversee copywriting, photography, site design, marketing programs and calendar and merchandise content to ensure brand integrity throughout planning and implementation of ecommerce initiatives.
- Develop performance metrics and assesses the effectiveness of each website. This position requires world-class web testing and analytics chops!
- Oversee all database marketing, CRM, loyalty, retention, reactivation website personalization efforts.
- Partner with Planning & Allocation and Marketing teams to execute site merchandising initiatives in regards to assortment pricing, promotions, and production presentation Oversee the hiring and reviews process for the ecommerce team; ensure proper training and development programs are in place.
- Create and maintain budget for each website and develop tracking mechanisms.
Company Success Drivers
Accountable for Results: Holds self/others for results while championing the company culture; measures and celebrates successes; creates a sense of urgency among team(s) and always looks for new ways to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
Leading & Developing Others: Leads, motivates and develops team through delegating challenging tasks and empowering them to make decisions; fosters fair, respectful, and supportive environment while providing honest and direct feedback. Has a track record of success in developing others to take on additional responsibilities.
Entrepreneurial Risk Taking: Creates a safe environment that encourages innovation and risk taking; can articulate, present and influence others to gain buy-in on new ideas/changes; has a track record of taking consistently innovative approaches and maximize the outcomes.
Managing Problems & Decisions: Critical thinker able to assess problems across functions and sees multiple possibilities for resolution; able to consistently and successfully manage team to take calculated risks in problem solving and decision making.
Planning & Priorities: Develops well thought out goals and plans with consideration to overall company objectives; is able to anticipate changing priories as the business dictates, and effectively adjusts and communicates plans to all affected teams.
Business Acumen: Stays current on the retail industry – competitors, trends (music and/or fashion), p&l components, and business in general; is able to apply knowledge/experience to make key strategic decisions and anticipate implications of decisions on the company processes and plans.
Managerial Courage: Listens fully and demonstrates the ability to take feedback and adapt behavior accordingly; Provides a good balance of positive and constructive feedback in a direct and honest manner; fosters open dialogue and is a fearless and respectful communicator, not holding back on anything that needs to be said; has a track record of successfully managing difficult conversations with all levels.
- Minimum 5 years of e-commerce strategy and planning experience.
- 4 Year Degree required.
- Ability to understand industry trends and e-business projects including system integration and design.
- Possesses a high level of understanding of Internet and ecommerce technology.
- Strong financial skills as well as a high level of understanding of Internet marketing and overall business development.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1332 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.