CANTON, MA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with adidas in their search for a Head of User Experience based in Canton, MA. adidas strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with sports brands built on a passion for competition and a sporting lifestyle.
What makes the adidas Group a special place goes way beyond the products. The growth opportunities presented to employees, the work climate they come to each day, and the focus on end results versus how they get there allow people to reach success in their very own way.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
As a key member of the Global eCommerce team, the Head of User Experience will lead one of the core functions within the new Global Center of Excellence. This role will support the VPs of the Global Center of Excellence as well as the Regional Leads in driving profitable growth of the global eCommerce business; defining the global online User Experience strategy for both adidas and Reebok brands; driving site conversion through continuous usability optimization; developing a A/B testing framework; and providing the business managers with the latest & most relevant business analytics. The Head of User Experience will lead a team of User Experience, Program Management & Business Analytics experts and closely interact with regional User Experience functions.
Key Accountabilities – Functional:
- Be accountable to the VPs of the Global Center of Excellence for the field of User Experience and Business Analytics
- Deliver defined KPIs encompassing traffic, conversion, and average order value optimization
- Be responsible for building the new User Experience function within the Global Center of Excellence, enhancing User Experience, Program Management & Business Analytics expertise within the eCommerce organization and implementing best practices
- Define User Experience strategy and execution by identifying and managing a portfolio of features and enhancements that improve the customer experience and drive sales conversion
- Ensure that business requirements are adequately reflected in IT project definitions
- Be overall accountable for the business management of functional roadmap and delivery of enhancements
- Be responsible for optimized implementation of Coremetrics
- Ensure that data-driven insights for cross-functional teams are created on a global level
- Coordinate with peers in respective group functions to identify cross-functional interdependencies and business needs
- Ensure knowledge and best-practice transfer from global to regional User Experience functions
- Support regional User Experience functions in executing smaller enhancements & providing meaningful analytics for the regional management
- Plan and work against the annual functional budget
Key Accountabilities – Personnel:
- Build, develop and lead a strong team of User Experience, Program Management, Product Management, & Business Analytics experts within the Global Center of Excellence
- Work closely with HR to recruit, train and motivate the team
- Set personal objectives, targets, guidelines within existing KPI framework and monitor performance
- Develop the functional and professional skills of direct reports on and off the job
- Be recognized as an embedded member of the senior management of the global eCommerce organization and be a close business partner to other team members
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Design, or Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience including expertise in software / solution development and management of a branded, B2C consumer website. Experience in transforming online brands and retailers with a strong focus on marketing optimization, site merchandising, and conversion optimization a strong plus.
- Track record in leading successful redesign of a website a must
- Prior experience building a team from scratch
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in building a business
- Demonstrated success in influencing/managing without direct authority
- Global experience strongly preferred
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1327 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: