RICHMOND, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with CarMax to find a Web Consumer Insights and Analysis Manager to join their marketing team in Richmond, VA. The primary mission of carmax.com includes driving customer consideration and preference in CarMax, helping customers find and fall in love with a CarMax car, and driving desired actions including lead submission, store visits, and store transactions.
Carmax.com (including m.carmax.com) receives approximately 7 million visits a month and contributes to the purchasing decisions of nearly 3 out of every 4 CarMax customers. The site is a largest driver of leads to the store and is a primary driver of building the CarMax brand.
CarMax is listed on the FORTUNE 500 list, and they’ve been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” seven years running. Here’s their Super Bowl ad:
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Web Consumer Insights and Analysis Manager is an integral part of a cross-functional business team, responsible for providing insights, analysis and recommendations to guide the evolution of carmax.com.
This individual will be the foremost expert in the carmax.com shopper, explaining behaviors, wants and needs, and advocating for advances in the site to maximize its effectiveness. Further, this individual will conduct all appropriate research, competitive studies, and manage the analytics platforms and reporting needed to inform the business and stimulate action.
- Partner with senior leaders in the carmax.com organization to influence the overarching strategy for CarMax’s web properties and establish appropriate performance goals
- Act as a strong subject-matter expert on carmax.com with in-depth knowledge of auto-shopper online behavior (general population as well as CarMax target consumer)
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the behavior of visitors to carmax.com
- Understand industry and key competitor best practices and our overall competitive position (and gaps)
- Retail a vigilant awareness of emerging trends, threats and opportunities
- Provide data-driven insights to guide the evolution of carmax.com, to better fulfill the website’s mission, and improve the overall online customer experience
- Provide analysis of actions and tests taken on the site
- Develop and conduct testing to validation all concepts pre-production
- Manage all analytics platforms, reporting systems, and testing capabilities
- Lead, manage and develop a dynamic, highly motivated team of 4-6 analysts
- BA/BS degree with strong GPA, MBA preferred
- 5+ years work experience in a web analytics role
- Experience with in an ecommerce retail environment preferred
- Strong business acumen skills and general management awareness
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable recommendations
- Solid analytical thinker with a desire to drive business operations improvements
- Familiarity with a full range of market research (qualitative and
- quantitative) methods
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with web analytics tools (e.g.
- SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, Google Analytics), including technical implementation, configuration, and reporting
- Proficient with qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques; experience with or in-depth knowledge of the following preferred
- A/B and Multivariate Testing
- Understanding of analytics tagging and web logging
- SEO/SEM Reporting and Analysis
- Online Surveys (conjoint, discrete-choice, cluster analysis)
- Usability Testing (methods and technology, including eye-tracking)
- Consumer Focus Group and Interview Design and Moderation
- Marketing Segmentation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to, motive and inspire a diverse group of individuals, including senior management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgment and independent decision making skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to motivate, inspire, manage, and develop associates
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1346 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.