RICHMOND, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with CarMax to find a Manager, Voice of the Customer Program to join their marketing team in Richmond, VA. The primary mission of carmax.com includes driving customer consideration and preference in CarMax, helping customers find and fall in love with a CarMax car, and driving desired actions including lead submission, store visits, and store transactions.
Carmax.com (including m.carmax.com) receives approximately 7 million visits a month and contributes to the purchasing decisions of nearly 3 out of every 4 CarMax customers. The site is a largest driver of leads to the store and is a primary driver of building the CarMax brand.
CarMax is listed on the FORTUNE 500 list, and they’ve been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” seven years running. Check out their Super Bowl ad. Hilarious:
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The primary mission of the Voice of the Customer Program includes championing the awareness, understanding and utilization of customer feedback to improve the CarMax customer experience and drive desired customer actions including store transactions, loyalty and positive word of mouth.
The Voice of the Customer Program Manager is an integral part of an In-Store Consumer Insights team that is responsible for providing insights, analysis and recommendations to guide the evolution of our CarMax store experiences.
This individual will be the foremost expert on customer survey methodology and data collection, feedback systems, reporting/dashboards, and key customer experience metrics. Further, this individual will conduct appropriate research and manage analytics and reporting needed to inform the business and stimulate action.
This individual will focus on actively engaging with business functions across the organization to deliver insights and develop action plans that drive customer experience improvements in our stores.
- Collaborate with staff at various levels in other departments to champion awareness, understanding and utilization of customer feedback to improve the customer experience
- Act as a strong subject-matter expert on customer surveys and feedback with in-depth knowledge of CarMax customers and their in-store experiences
- Manage our customer survey/data collection process, feedback system and reporting
- Ensure customer survey data, feedback system architecture and reporting/dashboards are current, accurate and structured in a meaningful manner
- Retain a vigilant awareness of emerging CarMax customer experience data trends and opportunities
- Provide data-driven insights to guide the evolution and improvement of CarMax’s customer experience
- Understand CarMax store best practices and experience gaps
- Understand industry and key competitor best practices and our overall competitive position
- Develop improvement action plans with the business
- Analyze and identify ways to link survey results to improvement programs
- Lead, manage and develop a dynamic, highly motivated team of 2-3 analysts
- BA/BS degree with strong GPA, MBA preferred
- 5+ years work experience in an analytic/strategic role, preferably in a retail environment. Automotive experience is not required.
- Strong business acumen skills and general management awareness
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable recommendations
- Solid analytical thinker with desire to drive customer experience and business operations improvements
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with a full range of qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques; experience with or in-depth knowledge of the following preferred
- Online surveys (conjoint, discrete-choice, cluster analysis)
- Consumer Focus Group and Interview
- Design and Moderation
- Regression and Multivariate Analysis
- Marketing Segmentation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to, motivate and inspire a diverse group of individuals, including senior management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgment and independent decision making skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to motivate, inspire, manage and develop associates
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1347 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.